Researchers talked to 2,000 people who are either retired, or approaching retirement age. And they asked them to name the top things you need to have a long and happy life. Here are the top ten . . .
- Being with someone who loves you.
- Staying close with your family.
- Laughing every day.
- Regular exercise.
- Getting out into nature.
- Getting eight hours of sleep a night.
- Having a pet.
- Having enough money to do what you want.
- Having a job you love. Or at least a job you don’t hate most of the time.
- Quality time with your kids and grandkids.
A few more that just missed the top ten were having a hobby . . . having friends . . . small acts of kindness . . . and listening to music every day.