If you won the lotto tonight, what’s the first thing you’d buy? Someone talked to 55 millionaires about their spending habits. Here are the top five things they splurge on . . .
1. Travel. 60% mentioned it, which was almost twice as many mentions as anything else. And a lot of them talked about how important vacations are.
2. Food. Including eating out and cooking at home. 35% mentioned it. So eating well is a priority.
3. Cars. Only 15% said they splurge on cars. Some claimed they’re fairly frugal, and if they buy a luxury car, they keep it for a while. A few even said they buy used cars.
4. Wine. Only 9% said they spend a lot on drinking or collecting wine. But a few of them were VERY into it.
5. Clothes. Only 7% said they spend a lot updating their wardrobe. So apparently it’s not a huge priority for most millionaires. It’s not clear how many of them were men, and how many were women.
A few other things millionaires in the poll said they splurge on are their house . . . their boats . . . concerts . . . golf . . . sporting events . . . gadgets . . . and watches.