This study is supposed to serve as a warning, but for me, it’s a to-do list.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest just released their annual report on the most absurdly unhealthy items at chain restaurants in 2016. Here’s the top five . . .
- Applebee’s Build Your Sampler appetizer. If you pick cheeseburger egg rolls, pretzels and cheese dip, chicken quesadillas, boneless wings, and spinach dip, it comes to 3,390 calories, 65 grams of saturated fat, and 11,650 milligrams of sodium.
- Maggiano’s Marco’s Meal For Two. Even if you pick the “lighter” options for an appetizer, pasta, and dessert, you’ll both still eat at least 2,840 calories and 79 grams of saturated fat.
- Cheesecake Factory’s Fried Chicken and Waffles Benedict. If you get this for brunch, it has 2,580 calories and 86 grams of saturated fat.
- Dave & Buster’s Short Rib and Cheesy Mac Stack. This sandwich has short ribs with mac-and-cheese on top for 1,910 calories and 42 grams of saturated fat.
- Sonic’s large Grape Slush with Rainbow Candy. You’ll drink 970 calories and one-and-a-quarter cups of sugar.
(Here are a few more of their picks.)