Telling your boss he’s an idiot is one way to DEFINITELY get canned. Or just do everything on this list for a few months, and everyone will hate you. Here are ten things that make you seem unprofessional at work
- Showing up late, or calling off sick a lot. Your boss isn’t the only one who notices. Pretty much everyone does after a while. And people WILL gossip about it.
- Complaining about every little thing. Whether it’s work-related or personal stuff.
- Asking too many questions. You just look incompetent, like you’re the weakest link. And people get sick of having to help you do your job.
- Being messy. Which might mean a messy desk, or leaving old food in the fridge.
- Being arrogant. Especially if you start acting like the boss and telling people how to do their job.
- Bragging. You can do it in your annual review. But you shouldn’t do it in front of your co-workers all the time.
- Not dressing up for work. A lot of jobs don’t require a suit and tie anymore, but you still shouldn’t show up looking like a slob.
- Getting too personal. It’s easy if you think of your co-workers as friends. But things like family problems and your sex life should be off limits. At least during office hours.
- Being loud while people around you are working. Especially if they’re on the phone.
- Swearing all the time. Even if your company is pretty laid back about it.