BusinessInsider.com just analyzed Census data to figure out how the average American spends their day. Here’s the full breakdown . . .
- Sleeping, eight hours and 48 minutes.
- Working, three hours and 36 minutes. That’s because weekends and unemployed people pull the average way down.
- Watching TV, two hours and 49 minutes.
- Doing stuff around the house, one hour and 46 minutes.
- Leisure activities like surfing the internet, one hour and 29 minutes.
- Eating and drinking, one hour and 10 minutes.
- Personal care, including showering, 47 minutes.
- Shopping, 44 minutes.
- Taking care of and helping other people, 43 minutes.
- Socializing and communicating, 43 minutes.
- Activities like going to church, 33 minutes.
- Education, 25 minutes.
- Exercise and sports, 17 minutes.
- Communicating over the phone, text, and email, eight minutes.
(That comes out to about 24 hours and nine minutes, because of rounding.)