Showering at night AND in the morning can be overkill, because it dries your skin out.
It also washes away the good bacteria that protects it.
Here are three times it’s better to shower at night . . .
- When you wore sunblock, or had a lot of make-up on. Washing your face is okay, but the steam from a shower does a better job of cleaning off residue.
- When you work in a place that isn’t very sterile, like a hospital or a daycare. In that case, shower at night so you don’t get into bed covered in germs.
- When you went to the gym that day, or did anything that made you sweat a lot.
Now here are three times you should shower in the MORNING instead . . .
- When you need to shave before work. Showering softens the hair up, so shaving is easier and you don’t get razor burn.
- If you’re a night sweater. Obviously if you sweat all night and don’t shower, you’ll feel gross all day.
- If you have really oily skin.
Oil starts building up while you sleep, and if you have REALLY oily skin, it’s probably okay to shower twice a day.
You definitely don’t want to shower more than once if you have DRY skin though.