1. Budweiser has been pointlessly sentimental the past few years with their “cute animal” Super Bowl ads . . . but now, they’re getting REAL. Budweiser is doing a “don’t drink and drive” ad, featuring HELEN MIRREN. She tells drunk drivers they are a, quote, “short-sighted, utterly useless, oxygen-wasting human form of pollution” and “a Darwin-award deserving, selfish coward.”
2. DRAKE does a T-Mobile commercial where he’s singing “Hotline Bling”, and a bunch of marketing types keep interrupting to tell him to add things like: “Streaming music will incur data charges.”
It isn’t really that funny . . . but they did get Drake to be in it.
3. STEVEN TYLER does a Skittles commercial, where he talks to a portrait of himself made out of candy.
4. If you haven’t seen it yet, there’s also a spot celebrating 20 years of Pokemon.
5. This isn’t an ad . . . but if someone you care deeply about is interested in the Puppy Bowl, I’m sorry. Please send my thoughts and prayers. And this rundown of the puppies in the starting lineup. It’ll probably make their day, sadly.