Give your dog an extra treat or two, because it’s NATIONAL DOG DAY. Here are a few quick stats from a recent survey about man’s best friend . . .
- 86% of dog owners tell their dog “I love you” at least once a month.
- 73% buy their dog at least one gift a month.
- 68% sometimes let their dog sleep with them in bed.
- 79% of women and 67% of men think that showing love toward a dog is attractive.
- 39% of women and 23% of men with dogs would rather hang out at home with them than go on a date.
- 86% of dog owners say their dog helps comfort them.
- 65% say owning a dog makes them more loving.
- 64% look forward to coming home because of their dog.
- And just under two-thirds say that having a dog teaches them to be more patient.