Who says August doesn’t have holidays? Today is one of the most important holidays of the year . . . even if only heard about it two hours ago.
Bust out your Monday morning whiskey and raise a toast, today is National Radio Day.
And here are some results from a new survey in honor of today . . .
- 71% of people listen to their radio in the car.
- Two out of three people listen to the radio every day.
- 56% of women and 35% of men sing along to the radio.
- 59% of women and 76% of men are listening when we say “don’t touch that dial” . . . and they stay during the commercials.
- And finally, almost 9% of people say radio stations don’t play enough commercials and should have more.