If I were president, on Day One I would sign an executive order banning movie remakes. But I’m not, and they keep happening. So Buzzfeed asked their readers what movies SHOULD be remade, and why.
Here are some highlights:
- “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. . . to fix some of the changes they made from the original book, and to have a REAL Asian actor play Mr. Yunioshi, rather than MICKEY ROONEY in “yellowface”.
- “The People Under the Stairs”. . . Because it deals with issues that are still relevant: Race, class, and “how greed brings out the worst in people.”
- “Little Shop of Horrors”. . . Just so NEIL PATRICK HARRIS could play Seymour.
- “The Outsiders”. . . Because kids are still reading the book, but probably don’t even know who the actors in the movie are anymore.
- “The Breakfast Club”. . . So they could add discussions on race, gender, and LGBT issues.
(Are there any movies YOU think should be remade? Why? Or are you against remakes altogether? Discuss. And check out more possibilities at Buzzfeed.com.)