According to a new survey, 7 in 10 people think they’re “sophisticated”. And as for the top things that MAKE someone sophisticated . . . somehow watching football and drinking Busch Light didn’t make the list. Here are the top ten . . .
- Going to the theater.
- Recognizing paintings, and knowing who the artist is.
- Doing educational things when you go on vacation.
- Listening to classical music.
- Going to the ballet.
- Knowing how to pair wine with food.
- Watching the news.
- Watching documentaries.
- Knowing how to read music.
- Being interested in politics.
The rest of the top 40 included reading the newspaper . . . doing crosswords . . . reading a book before the movie comes out . . . watching “Antiques Roadshow” . . . having a library card . . . knowing how to use chopsticks . . . and knowing how to pronounce “quinoa”. (It’s KEEN-wah.)