We found a list online of weird things that can make people dislike you. Here are five we thought were pretty interesting . . .
- Opening up too much to someone you just met. You shouldn’t reveal anything too personal until you’ve known each other for a little while. You might think you’re just being open and honest, but it can actually come across as insecure.
- Asking too many questions. Most people like talking about themselves, so you SHOULD asked questions. But it’s a fine line, and you have to let them ask questions too, so they don’t feel like you’re just grilling them.
- Always saying yes when someone asks for a favor. A recent study found it can make it seem like you have ulterior motives. So it’s okay to say no sometimes, especially if there’s a legitimate reason you can’t do something.
- Playing hard to get. Sometimes it can work, but so can being honest when you like someone. A recent study found people were more prone to like someone if they thought the person liked THEM first.
- Posting too many selfies. Especially for people you just met. A recent study found that photos taken from four-to-five feet away make you seem more trustworthy and competent than photos taken from 18 inches away.