Five TV Randoms, Including Rob Lowe and John Stamos Losing Shows on the Same Day
- Rob Lowe and John Stamos are still as handsome as they were in 1989, but handsomeness isn’t always enough to keep your job, even in Hollywood. Fox has canceled Rob’s show “The Grinder” and John’s sitcom “Grandfathered”.
Rob Tweeted, quote, “‘The Grinder’ was not renewed. It was unapologetically original, smart, funny, and had a murder’s row of talent . . . I’m thrilled to have 22 episodes that were as acclaimed as they were. Time well spent! And there’s still Grindr. So there’s that. #NotAllBadNews.” (???)
Fox also canceled “Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life” and “Bordertown”.
- ABC canceled “Nashville” after four seasons, “Castle” after eight and “The Muppets” after just one. Meanwhile, CBS is letting “Supergirl” move to the CW, where it actually fits better anyway, with their other DC Comics-based shows.
- Kevin James will star in a sitcom for CBS called “Kevin Can Wait”, and yet again, he’s playing a normal guy, who has a much hotter wife. She’s Erinn Hayes, and you might know her from “Children’s Hospital”.
- NBC is doing another “Chicago” show. It’s “Chicago Justice”, and it joins “Chicago Fire”, “Chicago P.D.”, and “Chicago Med”.
- CBS is working on a “Good Wife” spin-off starring Christine Baranski. However, it’s being developed for CBS’ streaming service, not the network.