Someone polled over 2,000 executives at different companies, and asked for the top five things that make you more likely to get a promotion. And working long hours is NOT number one. Here’s what they said . . .
- Being motivated to learn new skills. 30% said it’s the most important thing you need to have to get promoted.
- Strong interpersonal skills, 27%. So almost as many think THAT is the most important thing.
- Being able to adapt to change easily, 24%.
- Being okay with taking on more responsibility, 13%.
- Being willing to work long hours. Only 7% said it’s the most important thing if you want to get promoted.