This seems like a misplaced holiday after all the grilling we just did. But TODAY is National Hamburger Day for some reason.
Here are four stats on our burger-eating habits, according to a survey of 1,000 Americans . . .
- Our Top five favorite burger topping
- cheese, 79% of Americans like it on their burgers.
- lettuce, 71%
- tomatoes, 66%
- onions, 58%
- pickles, 54%
(They didn’t ask about condiments for some reason.)
- Our favorite type of cheese to use on burgers is American, but just barely.
- 66% like American cheese . . .
- 65% like cheddar . . .
- 43% like Swiss . . .
- 40% like pepper jack . . .
- 31% like provolone.
- Our five favorite burger chains are
- Five Guys,
- Burger King,
- And according to the survey, the five cities that love burgers the most are
(Here’s a list of some National Burger Day deals to check out.)