It’s Friday the 13th, and since Halloween is just a few weeks away, this one feels just a little more meaningful. So if you’re uneasy today, listen up. I’ve got a list of five things science says about you if you fear Friday the 13th . . .
- Your fear has a name. The fear of Friday the 13th is called frigg-a-tri-skai-dek-a-phobia. And if you’re afraid of the number 13 in general, that’s tri-skai-dek-a-phobia.
- You might be scared about what you can’t control. That’s why so many people alter their plans today, to try to avoid being unlucky.
- If you’re a little on edge today, you’re normal. Having a ritual like not walking under a ladder or avoiding black cats today is silly . . . but it’s probably not indicative of any sort of mental illness.
- If you’re SUPER anxious though, it could be a problem. If you stay in bed all day in fear that anything you do will be cursed, there might be some deeper issues at play.
- You’re disrupting the economy. It’s estimated that around $900 MILLION is lost in business every Friday the 13th . . . from all the people who decide not to fly, go to work, or leave their house at all.