- Don’t guess what someone’s costume is unless you KNOW what it is. You might offend them. So if you’re not sure, just ask. Especially with kids.
- Don’t bring bloody decorations into the office. If you decorate your desk, try to keep it fairly PG. Not everyone likes gore.
- Don’t wear an offensive costume. Even if it’s a joke, it’s risky. (“Good Housekeeping” recently posted a list of 15 costumes you should probably avoid.)
- Remember, nothing is private anymore. So if you DO go with an offensive costume, you can’t act shocked when someone posts photos of it on Facebook.
- Teach your kids to be polite trick-or-treaters. Make sure they say thank you every time . . . even if it’s candy they don’t like.
Someone posted a list online of Halloween rules they think everyone should follow. Do you think these five should be hard-and-fast rules? Or do some of them just suck the life out of Halloween?ADVERTISEMENT