“Billboard” has put out their annual ‘Music Moneymakers’ list, which ranks the 50 artists who raked in the most money last year. The estimates include stuff like music sales, streaming, ringtones, publishing royalties, and touring, which is where the big money comes from these days.
They only count U.S. sales and touring, so anyone who spent a lot of last year touring abroad won’t have that income added. Merchandise sales and sponsorships weren’t included either, because there wasn’t enough information available to make it consistent across the board.
BEYONCÉ is #1, with an estimated net income of $62.1 million, and no one else was even close to that.
Here are the Top 20 Music Moneymakers:
- Beyoncé, $62.1 million
- Guns N’ Roses, $42.3 million
- Bruce Springsteen, $42.2 million
- Drake, $37.3 million
- Adele, $37 million
- Coldplay, $32.3 million
- Justin Bieber, $30.5 million
- Luke Bryan, $27.3 million
- Kanye West, $26.1 million
- Kenny Chesney, $25.4 million
- Billy Joel, $23.6 million
- Rihanna, $22.3 million
- Twenty One Pilots, $21.1 million
- Carrie Underwood, $19.9 million
- Metallica, $18.5 million
- Paul McCartney, $17.7 million
- Future, $17 million
- Garth Brooks, $16.02 million
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra, $16.01 million
- Barbra Streisand, $15.8 million . . . with almost ALL of that coming from touring. Hey, remember when Barbra launched that farewell tour in 1999? And then in 2006, and then in 2012? Yeah, she’s STILL on the road.
(Hit up Billboard.com for the whole list, along with cool breakdowns of how each artist made their money.)