Don’t let anyone call YOU unprofessional. Until they fire you for wearing man-culottes, as far as I’m concerned, they’re not affecting your performance.
A new survey asked people in management jobs to name the most unprofessional things their employees do. Overall, 84% said their staff do at least a few unprofessional things.
Here are the top 15 . . .
1. Inappropriate use of cell phones.
2. Wearing inappropriate clothing.
3. Lacking courtesy.
4. Using slang or “street talk” in meetings.
5. Bad email etiquette.
6. Not taking personal responsibility.
7. Not saying “please” and “thank you.”
8. Lying to clients or customers.
9. Hanging up on calls when they’re confronted about something.
10. Showing up late or leaving early.
11. Cutting corners on projects instead of staying late to fix mistakes.
12. Visiting online dating sites on company time.
13. Sexting on company phones.
14. Not acting professionally with clients during a business function.
15. Lacking manners.