We’ve seen a few lists like this before, and #1 is always the same. Researchers recently gave people a list of 50 different things we take for granted every day. And they had to rank them according to how important they are.
Here are the top 10 luxuries we can’t live without . . .
- The Internet. Almost everyone put it at the top.
- Your phone.
- Your pets.
- A washer and dryer.
- A nice, big mattress.
- At least one vacation a year
- Beauty and skincare products.
- A dishwasher.
- A microwave.
- Eating out at restaurants.
A few luxuries people said they COULD live without are really nice towels . . . flying first class . . . tickets to sporting events . . . having food delivered . . . and paying for someone to clean your place.
Halloween is almost here, and cowboys and nurses are for SUCKERS. You wanna be HIP and NOW . . . which means you need a pop culture costume. Well, according to JustJared.com, these are the 10 best . . .
- Pennywise the Clown from “It”.
- Pregnant Kylie Jenner.
- A handmaid from “The Handmaid’s Tale”.
- Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone from “La La Land”.
- Beyoncé’s pregnancy announcement.
- Belle and the Beast from “Beauty and the Beast”.
- Wonder Woman.
- Hugh Hefner and a Playmate.
- Zombie Taylor Swift from the “Look What You Made Me Do” video.
- Mantis from “Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2”.
It’s Friday the 13th, and since Halloween is just a few weeks away, this one feels just a little more meaningful. So if you’re uneasy today, listen up. I’ve got a list of five things science says about you if you fear Friday the 13th . . .
- Your fear has a name. The fear of Friday the 13th is called frigg-a-tri-skai-dek-a-phobia. And if you’re afraid of the number 13 in general, that’s tri-skai-dek-a-phobia.
- You might be scared about what you can’t control. That’s why so many people alter their plans today, to try to avoid being unlucky.
- If you’re a little on edge today, you’re normal. Having a ritual like not walking under a ladder or avoiding black cats today is silly . . . but it’s probably not indicative of any sort of mental illness.
- If you’re SUPER anxious though, it could be a problem. If you stay in bed all day in fear that anything you do will be cursed, there might be some deeper issues at play.
- You’re disrupting the economy. It’s estimated that around $900 MILLION is lost in business every Friday the 13th . . . from all the people who decide not to fly, go to work, or leave their house at all.
(Reader’s Digest / National Geographic)
Get ready to either be really interested, or start rolling your eyes. An ASTROLOGIST went through all 12 zodiac signs, and came up with a list of the best city to live in depending on when you were born. Here’s what she says . . .
- If you’re an Aries, it’s Chicago. You need excitement, so a big city is best. But you also need to be able to escape, and have easy access to nature. So having a car is important. And that’s easier in Chicago than New York.
- If you’re a Taurus, you should live in Westport, Connecticut. You need access to a big city, and it’s an hour from New York. But Tauruses would rather OWN a home than rent. So you’ll do better in the suburbs.
- If you’re a Gemini, move to London. Geminis tend to be very into learning and continuing their education. And there are a lot of big museums and schools there.
- If you’re a Cancer, it’s Charleston, South Carolina. Cancers like privacy, want to be financially secure, and have a family. Charleston is a good spot for all three.
- If you’re a Leo, move to Spain. Specifically Ibiza. Leos like to entertain people, need a lot of sunshine, and tend to be a little vain. So somewhere impressive is good.
- If you’re a Virgo, move to Stockholm, Sweden. Virgos do best in places that are orderly, close to nature, and have communities where people look out for each other.
- If you’re a Libra, head to Prague in the Czech Republic. Libras like a lot of culture, but need to be somewhere safe. And Prague is one of the safest cities.
- If you’re a Scorpio, move to Tokyo. Scorpios tend to gravitate toward things that are trendy, and kind of intense. Tokyo is a good fit for both of those.
- If you’re a Sagittarius, the perfect city is Jerusalem. You need a place with a lot of history, where you can live simply, and travel whenever you want to.
- If you’re a Capricorn, head to Berlin, Germany. It’s stylish, traditional, and somewhat cheap, which are all good if you’re a Capricorn. And places there tend to be pretty spacious. Which is good, because Capricorns have HOARDING tendencies.
- If you’re an Aquarius, the best city to live in is Austin, Texas. It’s a good place to be if you like to do your own thing, be active in the community, and embrace your quirkiness. Those things usually apply if you’re an Aquarius.
- If you’re a Pisces, head to Salzburg, Austria. It’s on a river, which is good because Pisces need to be close to water. And it’s good because music is probably important to you. “The Sound of Music” was filmed near Salzburg, and Mozart was born there.
Just in time to set the mood for Halloween, a school seems to have caught a ghost on camera.
A security camera at a school in Ireland filmed several strange events that have people thinking a ghost is on the loose. A door opens and closes, a stack of lockers rock back and forth, a single locker flies open . . . and a folding “caution” sign suddenly collapses.
The school principal claims it’s legit, which probably means he’s behind it.
Register for your chance to Win Tickets to See DeOrro on Friday October 27th at the Boggus Ford Events Center in Pharr!
Also featuring Skellizm and El’Dusty
Angels in the Outfield Concert on October 29th at Altas Palmas Park in Donna featuring Lincoln Brewster, Kutless, Zealand Worship, For All Seasons, Citizen Way and Julieann Garza!
Oreo has rolled out dozens of new flavors over the past few years . . . but they’ve just taken it to a new level.
The newest Oreo flavor is . . . a mystery. They come in a white package, and the cookies are the traditional chocolate Oreo cookies, but they’re not telling you what the cream is.
If you guess it right, though, you could have a shot at winning $50,000. And five other people who guess it right will win $10,000. You have until the end of November to submit your guesses to Oreo’s website.
So what COULD it be? According to the people at “Food & Wine” who’ve tried them, they all decided it’s either Fruity Pebbles or a more generic “cereal milk.”
And Oreo already did a Fruity Pebbles flavor called “Fruity Crisp,” so maybe they’re on to something with that cereal milk idea.
(Food & Wine)
Cirque Du Soleil presents Varekai (Tales of the Forest) on December 6 through the 10th at the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo Texas. Register here for your chance to win tickets to this incredible experience!