A new survey asked people to list things you need to accomplish before you’re officially a “grown up.” Here are the top ten answers according to how popular they were, NOT the order you do them . . .
- Open a bank account.
- Learn how to change a light bulb. Which is weird, but hard to argue against. Because how many grown ups are still baffled by that process?
- Learn to write a decent resume.
- Get a job.
- Get your driver’s license.
- Apply for a mortgage.
- Do your own taxes.
- Budget for something big, like a wedding. Somehow “getting married” didn’t make the top 20 though.
- Ask someone on a date.
- Put together at least three pieces of Ikea-style furniture.
The rest of the top 20 included learning how to eat healthy . . . learning to negotiate . . . and being responsible for another living thing, meaning a child or a pet.