We found a list online of the most annoying types of Facebook friends. And it’s pretty good, because they left off the really obvious ones like the friends who post too many photos of their kids.
Here’s the top ten . . .
- The friend who always falls for fake news stories. It happens a lot right now because of the election. A lot of the political memes you see are filled with made-up facts.
- The friend who constantly endorses the lame pyramid scheme they bought into. A lot of them tend to be health and fitness related.
- The friend who changes their profile picture too much. Once or twice a month is fine, but five times a month is a little much.
- The friend who uses GoFundMe to fund everything. Like for vacations and other stuff they should pay for themselves.
- The friend who’s intentionally vague about good news. They post something like, “Just got huge news, stay tuned.” So you have no idea what they’re talking about, but you feel obligated to like it anyway.
- The friend you don’t know very well, who starts liking photos you posted five years ago. So you suddenly feel like you’re being stalked. And it’s even worse if you’re a woman and it’s a BIKINI shot from five years ago.
- The friend who has an opinion about everything. Any time you post something that’s even slightly controversial, they’re all over it.
- The friend who posts pointless hashtags. Like a photo of a sunset, with five hashtags that say things like “blessed” and “beautiful.”
- The friend who asks questions on Facebook when they could just google the answer. Like asking for restaurant suggestions instead of checking Yelp.
- The friend who invites you to events on the other side of the country. They’re just inviting everyone they know to save time.