No wonder the ZZ Top guys get all the chicks.
According to a new study, women are the most attracted to guys with FULL BEARDS . . . because they think they’re the best bet for a long-term relationship.
The researchers think it’s because beards are a biological sign of being tough, masculine, aggressive, and having high social status . . . and all of those things are worth a lot of points in a long-term relationship.
But what about when women aren’t looking to settle down and just want to have a good time? They STILL prefer someone with facial hair over someone clean-shaven . . . only they prefer stubble.
In other words, being clean-shaven really doesn’t get you anywhere.
This giant pearl could be the biggest ever found in the world – after being handed in by a FISHERMAN. See SWNS story SWPEARL; The man, who has not been identified, found the priceless 34kg gem ten years ago in sea off the coast of Palawan Island, Philippines. He didn’t know the potential eye-watering value and kept it as a ‘good luck charm’ in his rundown wooden home. But a fire at the property earlier this year forced him to have a clear out and move house.
A fisherman from a city called Puerto Princesa in the Philippines was working 10 years ago when he spotted a huge pearl inside of a giant clam. He took it home to his little wooden shack and put it under his bed for good luck.
And he’s kept it there for the past 10 years. But there was a FIRE at his place earlier this year, and when he had to move, he decided maybe he should see if it was worth anything. And . . . um . . . yeah, it was.
The pearl is 77 pounds. It’s 26 inches long and 12 inches wide. Both of those measurements make it the biggest pearl in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD by a massive margin.
And it’s worth approximately $100 MILLION. (How many of his neighbors are going, “Man, we really should’ve robbed THAT guy” right now?)
The current world record for the biggest pearl is the Pearl of Allah, which was also found off the coast of the Philippines. It’s “only” 14 pounds and it’s less than 10 inches long.
The new pearl is being authenticated now.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Here are five lies you’re probably telling yourself about money.
- You have “good debt.” We’ve all been told there’s a difference between “good debt” like student loans or your mortgage . . . and “bad debt” like from credit cards. And while it’s true that some kinds of debt are worse than others, it’s best to avoid it altogether.
- You don’t have enough to invest. If you have enough money for a Netflix subscription or a cup of coffee at Starbucks, then you have money you can invest.
- You’ll be earning more in the future. We all want to assume we’ll earn more as we get older and more experienced, but there are no guarantees.
- You saved money buying something on sale. If you rationalize a purchase by saying it was on sale, or that you used a coupon, you’re ignoring the fact that money still left your wallet. You only truly “save” money if you were planning to buy it anyway.
- You get paid well, so your crappy job is worth it. Financial security is important, so it’s not necessarily smart to quit your stressful job, follow your passion, and become a professional “Pokemon Go” player.
But if you live reasonably and spend wisely, you should be able to find a middle ground where bills get paid AND you’re happy at work.
When OPRAH WINFREY invested $43 million in Weight Watchers last year, the stock went up and she doubled her money almost instantly. Then last month, she made $12 million in an hour just by posting a 30-second Weight Watchers ad about how she eats bread everyday.
But just so you know, Oprah is NOT magic. She loses money on the stock market like everybody else. Last Thursday, the stock plummeted 27% . . . meaning she lost $24 MILLION at the drop of a hat.
Don’t worry about her though. She bought in when the shares were $6.79, and it’s currently at $11.01. So she’s still up around $75 million since buying in five months ago . . . and she’s worth $3 BILLION overall.
Costume Trends This Halloween
Now that it’s October, you’re probably already planning your Halloween costume.
Just kidding . . . you’ll be scrambling to buy something crappy and over-priced at a crowded Halloween store at 6:00 P.M. on the night of Halloween, just like the rest of us.
But if you DO feel like getting a jump on things, here are the two big costume trends this year. It’s according to Pinterest though, so take that for what it’s worth.
- Group costumes. Instead of everyone doing their own thing, you pick an idea for a bunch of people, and everyone sticks to the theme.
It can be anything . . . Mario Kart, “The Walking Dead”, the Kardashians . . . whatever.
- Throwback pop culture costumes. And the ’90s are hot . . . Pinterest says ’90s costumes are 500% more popular than they were last year.
Think boy bands, “Scream”,the Spice Girls, “Clueless”, “Ace Ventura” . . . you get it.