So yeah, nothing from your childhood is sacred anymore. Eventually it’s going to get sold out as part of a marketing stunt.
First Monopoly started slashing its classic game tokens like the thimble and the wheelbarrow. And now Crayola is all like, “Hey, WE can ruin your nostalgia too.”
Crayola just announced that they’re going to get rid of one of the colors from their box of 24 crayons. They’ve never eliminated one of those 24 core colors before. And because it’s 2017, they’ll be live streaming their decision on Friday morning.
So what are the 24 colors that are currently involved in this Russian roulette scenario?
They are: Red, yellow, blue, brown, orange, green, violet, black, carnation pink, yellow orange, blue green, red violet, red orange, yellow green, blue violet, white, violet red, dandelion, cerulean, apricot, scarlet, green yellow, indigo, and gray.
It’s hard to speculate which one will go, but it probably won’t be a super basic color like blue or yellow. It will probably be one that’s fairly redundant . . . like, do we need “yellow green” and “green yellow” or “red violet” and “violet red”?
(Lehigh Valley Live)
I’m not sure what guy would want to wear any of these Halloween costumes . . . I mean, they’re pretty much guaranteed to turn women off en masse. But just in case you WOULD want one, this is a public service announcement.
Here are some men’s Halloween costumes on sale RIGHT NOW that will make you look like a jackass . . .
1. “Seymore Boobs Free Mammogram.” It’s a box that goes over your head that says “Free Mammogram” and has a cutout in the shape of boobs for your face.
2. “Genie in a Lamp.” This one is an Aladdin vest and a huge magic lamp that goes around your waist . . . you know, like it’s your junk. And it says “Rub Me!” on the side.
3. “Frank the Flasher.” You’ll get a trench coat, a gray wig that looks like male pattern baldness . . . and a flesh-colored bodysuit with fake junk.
4. (Careful!) “Dr. Seymour Bush, Gynecologist.” This isn’t just a lame pun, it’s a super lazy costume . . . it’s just a white lab coat with the name embroidered on it.
5. “Adult Droopers.” You get a white granny wig, orange Hooters shorts, a cutoff shirt that says “Droopers” . . . and fake boobs hanging out.
Obviously most people order beer on St. Patrick’s Day. But here are five other drinks you can order at most bars.
Or if you’re having people over, they’re easy enough to make at home . . .
- An Irish Mule. It’s like a Moscow Mule, but with Irish whiskey instead of vodka, and ginger ALE instead of ginger BEER. It’s half a can of ginger ale with ice . . . whiskey . . . and a little bit of lime juice.
- A Pillow Mint. It’s Irish whiskey on the rocks . . . a half-ounce of Kahlua . . . and a splash of peppermint schnapps.
- A Misty Mint. You fill three-quarters of a glass with ice . . . add white rum . . . and crème de menthe to make it bright green.
- A Baby Guinness. It’s a shot made with Kahlua and Baileys, so it kind of looks like Guinness.
- A Black Velvet. This one actually does have some beer in it. You fill two thirds of a glass with champagne, and then fill the rest with Guinness. And you have to pour the Guinness in last or it won’t mix right.
(Here are seven St. Patrick’s Day cocktails you also might want to try. They’re a little trickier to make though.)
(ModernMan.com / MixThatDrink.com)
This is a pretty brilliant Starbucks scam right here. And you’ll be disappointed you didn’t think of it, because you would’ve saved a fortune AND you would’ve been WAY less obnoxious than this guy in the process.
A Starbucks employee named Brad Halsey just shared the story about a nightmare customer at his store who figured out a loophole to get free coffee 365 days a year.
When you get a Starbucks gift card, you can register it with your birthday . . . and you get a free drink that day. This guy bought 365 cards and registered each one for a different birthday . . . so he gets a free drink every single day.
He goes to the same Starbucks every time, and there’s a chance the employees would’ve let him get away with it if he’d been cool . . . but he’s not.
He orders an iced quad Venti vanilla white mocha with heavy cream . . . then he takes the marker and draws arrows on it giving the barista a bunch of extra instructions.
For example, quote, “Two pumps of white mocha here, then add five pumps of vanilla. That should take us to this line here where you’re gonna add cold heavy cream up to this ridge. Make sure to add it before the espresso.” He sounds horrible.
Now that this story is out, we’d expect that Starbucks will shut down this loophole.
36-year-old Jennifer Cramblett of Uniontown, Ohio went to a sperm bank in Downers Grove, Illinois back in 2011. And she’s white, so she picked a white guy as the donor.
But when she gave birth in August of 2012, she had a baby girl that was MIXED RACE. Turns out the sperm bank had mislabeled the donor and he was actually a black guy.
So now Jennifer is SUING them. The suit says she and her lesbian partner Amanda love their daughter, but raising her has been stressful . . . because they live in an all-white town.
The suit says Jennifer grew up stereotyping non-white people, didn’t meet any black people until college, and says she has, quote, “limited cultural competency relative to African Americans.”
Jennifer also says her family has already had ENOUGH trouble embracing her homosexuality, so she doubts they’ll embrace her daughter.
She’s suing for wrongful birth and breach of warranty.