KANYE WEST spends a lot of time ranting on the edge of total insanity . . . so it’s hard to tell when he needs help, and when he’s just Kanye being Kanye. But apparently, the chaos from the weekend crossed the line.
Kanye was at his trainer’s house yesterday when he started “acting erratically.” TMZ says his personal doctor was checking him out for “severe sleep deprivation,” and at some point someone decided to call 911.
When the paramedics arrived, Kanye was calmer . . . but everyone thought he needed to get checked out at the hospital. Everyone, that is, except Kanye.
Eventually, they talked him into it . . . but he still needed to be handcuffed to a gurney during the ride. Nothing dramatic happened though. That’s just protocol for situations like this where someone’s going in for a psych evaluation.
There’s no official word on what’s happening . . . so naturally, there are plenty of rumors that he had some sort of mental breakdown. But a source told “People” that he’s just EXHAUSTED.
“He’s been working around the clock on fashion design, which is extremely important to him . . . and the rigors of the tour every night, it really wore him out.”
But Kanye won’t have to worry about the tour anymore. Earlier in the day, he canceled his 22 remaining through the end of the year. Refunds are available at the point of purchase.
He didn’t give a reason, but the wheels have been falling off recently. Last Thursday, he made some controversial comments at a show . . . on Saturday, he infuriated fans by only performing three songs, then launching into a 15-plus-minute rant, and abruptly ending the concert.
And on Sunday, he nixed a show just a few hours before it was supposed to start.
Of course, balancing his tour with his fashion line isn’t all he’s been dealing with . . . he also canceled some shows last month after KIM KARDASHIAN was robbed at gunpoint in Paris.
According to “Billboard”, Kanye made $34.5 million on 26 dates that he DID perform on the tour, with a total attendance of 396,972 people. Technically, he’s performed 40 shows, but the data isn’t available for all of them.
So, they estimate that the 22 canceled shows will cost him roughly $27.3 million. And for now, there’s no indication that Kanye plans to resume the tour. Although, his health is the most important thing at this point.
There was a survey last week that found a longer battery life is the number one feature people want in their phone. So here are three ways to help your battery stay charged longer. And they’re all backed by science . . .
1. Don’t let it get too hot. Heat speeds up the chemical reaction inside the battery and drains it faster. So don’t leave it next to a heater, or let it sit out in the sun.
2. Never let the battery die. Lithium ion batteries degrade over time, so eventually they can’t hold as much juice on a single charge. And they degrade faster if you always let the battery die before you charge it. So if your phone’s about to die, you should just turn it off.
3. If you won’t be using it for a while, store it half-charged. Right around 50% is good, and keep it in a cool, dry place.
It’s only worth doing if you’re turning it off for at least a few days though. Like if you’ll be out of cell range all weekend, or flying overseas where you can’t use it. If it’s only for a few hours, don’t worry about it.
Special thanks to everyone who came by the booth at Borderfest. We had so much fun meeting you all. We hope to do it again soon.
There were rumors KANYE WEST had a meltdown backstage before “Saturday Night Live” this past weekend. And now . . . there’s audio.
It’s pretty typical Kanye. Apparently he had some shiny flooring for his performance, but the stage lights were reflecting off it and messing up a video wall behind him. So stage hands had to remove it. And Kanye flipped.
In addition to whining like a baby and threatening not to perform, he also calls TAYLOR SWIFT a “fake ass,” then elevates himself above some pretty important people.
He says, quote, “By 50 percent, Stanley Kubrick, Picasso, Apostle Paul, [effing] Picasso and Escobar. By 50 percent more influential than any other human being.
“Don’t [eff] with me. Don’t [eff] with me. Don’t [eff] with me. By 50 percent dead or alive, by 50 percent for the next 1,000 years. Stanley Kubrick, ‘Ye.”
A source says he also called the “SNL” staffers, quote, “White mother[effers],” but his rep denies it. And Lorne Michaels reportedly had to talk Kanye down off his ledge so he would stay and do the show. (Listen to the UNCENSORED audio here.)
In related news, Kanye took some crap on Twitter for trying to type “throne”, as in a king’s chair, but he spelled it “T-H-R-O-W-N.” And some people say that by not selling his new album, he’s already cost himself $10 million due to illegal downloading.
Tons of celebrities dressed up for Halloween this weekend. Here's what they wore:
1. IGGY AZALEA may have won Halloween with her "sexy cat" costume. It's not what you're thinking . . . it's BETTER.
2. HEIDI KLUM always goes all-out for Halloween. And she did it again this year by covering her face almost completely with prosthetics to dress as Jessica Rabbit. (She's got a ton more pics on her Instagram page.)
3. TYRA BANKS pulled off a crazy transformation, too. She dressed as RICHARD BRANSON.
4. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS and his family always crush it. This year, they did "Star Wars". Neil was Obi-Wan, his husband David Burtka was Han Solo, and the kids were Luke and Leia.
5. ALYSSA MILANO won Best Feminist Metaphor by posting a picture of herself breastfeeding her baby in a Wonder Woman costume from last year.
6. MILEY CYRUS went back to her Disney roots. Well, sort of. She posted a picture of herself dressed as Cinderella . . . smoking a blunt. She captioned it, "Cindersmelly high as hell and her bra strap showin'."
7. JUSTIN BIEBER chose what's probably Will Ferrell's LEAST popular movie character: Jackie Moon from "Semi-Pro".
8. KATY PERRY had an interesting concept for a costume: A MIC DROP. She also did that creepy thing where you paint eyeballs on your eyelids.
9. CHARLOTTE MCKINNEY knew how to grab herself a headline. She went to George Clooney's Casamingos Tequila party as a dominatrix.
. . . CHANNING TATUM and his wife JENNA DEWAN were at that party, too . . . both as the Cat in the Hat. Jenna's version was sluttier . . . the way Dr. Seuss intended. (???)
. . . PARIS HILTON was some kind of slutty warrior . . . and SETH MACFARLANE was Chewbacca.
10. BEYONCÉ, JAY Z, and Blue Ivy did a "Coming to America" theme. Jay was Eddie Murphy's character, Prince Akeem, Beyoncé was his mother, and Blue was one of his potential brides.
11. TAYLOR SWIFT mixed Halloween and Christmas, by dressing as Olaf the snowman from "Frozen" and bringing ADELE DAZEEM onstage to sing "Let It Go".
12. JENNIFER ANISTON and JUSTIN THEROUX were spotted wearing cheesy plastic masks . . . which probably had more to do with avoiding photographers than celebrating Halloween.
13. KYLIE JENNER was a sexy warrior and a "snow princess".
(She also got turned into a zombie for TYGA's "Dope'd Up" video.)
14. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN and her kids were all superheroes. Kourtney and Penelope were Captain America, Mason was Spider-Man, and Reign was the Flash. Meanwhile, Scott Disick was Nowhere, Man. (???)
15. TOM BRADY and GISELE BUNDCHEN's kids were Nemo from "Finding Nemo" and the Hulk.
16. GWEN STEFANI was a bloody cowgirl. Don't ask me.
17. Here's GWYNETH PALTROW and her daughter Apple with skull makeup.
18. JESSICA ALBA and a friend did Romy and Michelle.
19. THE ROCK should have known that "one size fits most" doesn't apply to him. He still rocked his tiny Popeye costume, though.
20. JOHN CENA and his girlfriend, WWE Diva NIKKI BELLA, recreated a scene from "Dumb and Dumber".
21. VIOLA DAVIS's daughter dressed as . . . Viola Davis.
22. JESSICA SIMPSON and her husband did Christie Brinkley and Chevy Chase from "Vacation".
23. A BABY POPE showed up at a White House Halloween party. BARACK and MICHELLE approved.