If you’re worried about running into some bad luck today, you’re not alone. Here are four stats about Friday the 13th and superstitions . . .
- 80% of people consider themselves to be superstitious.
- The most common superstition we have is wearing lucky socks . . . followed by knocking on wood . . . wearing lucky pants . . . having a lucky coin . . . and crossing our fingers.
- The top five moments when we’re MOST superstitious are: when we’re taking a test . . . when we’re buying a lotto ticket or gambling . . . during an important life moment like buying a house or getting married . . . when we’re looking for a new job . . . and when it’s Friday the 13th or Halloween.
- And about 5% of people say they plan on STAYING HOME all day today to reduce their chances of having bad luck.
I’m not sure any fathers out there need MORE of an excuse to gently ease into a life of wearing sweatpants seven days a week and dipping pizza into ranch dressing, but here you go.
According to a new study out of Yale University, chubbier dads live longer than other men . . . AND they’re MORE ATTRACTIVE to women.
Why? When you lose a little muscle mass and gain a little fat, it actually helps your body shift some of its resources toward your immune system instead of just worrying about feeding your muscles.
And women are biologically drawn to a dad with some chubbiness, because it’s a sign that you’re focused on your kids above anything else . . . including trying to get with women.
So since you’re not interested in them . . . they’re interested in you.
Kardashian | Photo Credit:Eva Rinaldi
KIM KARDASHIAN was held at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room yesterday, by two men who were dressed as police, but also wearing masks. Kim is there for Paris Fashion Week.
The men broke into the room, but it’s unclear if they stole anything.
Kim’s rep said, quote, “She is badly shaken but physically unharmed.”
Kanye West was actually onstage at the Meadows Music and Arts Festival in New York City when he heard the news.
He was in the middle of “Heartless” when he stopped cold and told the crowd, quote, “I’m sorry. I have an emergency, I have to stop the show.”
Witnesses say a man ran onstage to tell Kanye what happened . . . and before he realized how serious things were, he tried to ignore him, because he was in the middle of performing.
Before the incident, Kim attended a runway show, and had dinner with her sister KOURTNEY.
It’s not clear where her kids were when break-in happened.
Tons of celebrities dressed up for Halloween this weekend. Here's what they wore:
1. IGGY AZALEA may have won Halloween with her "sexy cat" costume. It's not what you're thinking . . . it's BETTER.
2. HEIDI KLUM always goes all-out for Halloween. And she did it again this year by covering her face almost completely with prosthetics to dress as Jessica Rabbit. (She's got a ton more pics on her Instagram page.)
3. TYRA BANKS pulled off a crazy transformation, too. She dressed as RICHARD BRANSON.
4. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS and his family always crush it. This year, they did "Star Wars". Neil was Obi-Wan, his husband David Burtka was Han Solo, and the kids were Luke and Leia.
5. ALYSSA MILANO won Best Feminist Metaphor by posting a picture of herself breastfeeding her baby in a Wonder Woman costume from last year.
6. MILEY CYRUS went back to her Disney roots. Well, sort of. She posted a picture of herself dressed as Cinderella . . . smoking a blunt. She captioned it, "Cindersmelly high as hell and her bra strap showin'."
7. JUSTIN BIEBER chose what's probably Will Ferrell's LEAST popular movie character: Jackie Moon from "Semi-Pro".
8. KATY PERRY had an interesting concept for a costume: A MIC DROP. She also did that creepy thing where you paint eyeballs on your eyelids.
9. CHARLOTTE MCKINNEY knew how to grab herself a headline. She went to George Clooney's Casamingos Tequila party as a dominatrix.
. . . CHANNING TATUM and his wife JENNA DEWAN were at that party, too . . . both as the Cat in the Hat. Jenna's version was sluttier . . . the way Dr. Seuss intended. (???)
. . . PARIS HILTON was some kind of slutty warrior . . . and SETH MACFARLANE was Chewbacca.
10. BEYONCÉ, JAY Z, and Blue Ivy did a "Coming to America" theme. Jay was Eddie Murphy's character, Prince Akeem, Beyoncé was his mother, and Blue was one of his potential brides.
11. TAYLOR SWIFT mixed Halloween and Christmas, by dressing as Olaf the snowman from "Frozen" and bringing ADELE DAZEEM onstage to sing "Let It Go".
12. JENNIFER ANISTON and JUSTIN THEROUX were spotted wearing cheesy plastic masks . . . which probably had more to do with avoiding photographers than celebrating Halloween.
13. KYLIE JENNER was a sexy warrior and a "snow princess".
(She also got turned into a zombie for TYGA's "Dope'd Up" video.)
14. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN and her kids were all superheroes. Kourtney and Penelope were Captain America, Mason was Spider-Man, and Reign was the Flash. Meanwhile, Scott Disick was Nowhere, Man. (???)
15. TOM BRADY and GISELE BUNDCHEN's kids were Nemo from "Finding Nemo" and the Hulk.
16. GWEN STEFANI was a bloody cowgirl. Don't ask me.
17. Here's GWYNETH PALTROW and her daughter Apple with skull makeup.
18. JESSICA ALBA and a friend did Romy and Michelle.
19. THE ROCK should have known that "one size fits most" doesn't apply to him. He still rocked his tiny Popeye costume, though.
20. JOHN CENA and his girlfriend, WWE Diva NIKKI BELLA, recreated a scene from "Dumb and Dumber".
21. VIOLA DAVIS's daughter dressed as . . . Viola Davis.
22. JESSICA SIMPSON and her husband did Christie Brinkley and Chevy Chase from "Vacation".
23. A BABY POPE showed up at a White House Halloween party. BARACK and MICHELLE approved.
A guy in Yekaterinburg, Russia was driving last week with a small BEAR in his backseat. People even took photos of it with its head hanging out of the window.
Yekaterinburg is above Kazakhstan, which is kind of appropriate. Because if you remember, in the movie “Borat”, he drove around with a bear in his ice cream truck.
Anyway, the cops pulled the guy over, but he avoided a ticket . . . because he was in accordance with RUSSIAN BEAR LAW.
It turns out that in Russia, you can drive with a bear in the car as long as it wears a seat belt. And this bear was, in fact, wearing his.
Also, apparently it’s common enough in Russia for people to put BEARS in their cars, that they have nuanced laws regulating it?
It’s not clear where the guy got the bear from or where he was going with it.
Pic shows: bear riding in the back passenger seat of a car.
Motorists had to do a double take when they saw a bear riding in the back passenger seat of a car.
The brown bear even stuck it’s head out of the rear window of the Volga car to catch a treat offered by a passenger.
The strange incident happened in the city of Yekateriburg in Central Russia’s Sverdlovsk Oblast and was recorded on video by the driver who was following behind.
The footage shows the bear’s head poking out of the window and then a man’s hand offering him a treat to keep the bear amused and happy.
At the time of the incident the Filatov circus from Moscow, famous for its performances with bears, was on tour in Yekaterinburg.
But the head of the circus Julia Filatova said the bear was nothing to do with them.
She said the bear in the car was a young animal and that is why it was put in a car.
“Our bears are much bigger. Normally little bears are kind and friendly. If it was more than a year old it wouldn’t fit in such a car.”
The Yekaterinburg Zoo also denied any knowledge about the animal and it is not illegal to transport bears in that way – as long as they wear a seatbelt apparently according to the laws of the Russian Federation.