20-year-old Tara Monroe is a junior at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. She got a DUI in March and her license was suspended. But she needed a fast way to get around campus, and she says, quote, “riding a bike sucks.”
So . . . she bought a pink Barbie TOY JEEP off Craigslist. It runs on a 12-volt battery and maxes out at five miles per hour. It also looks ridiculous when an adult is driving it.
She’s been spotted in it all over the campus . . . which has led to TONS of people posting pictures of her on social media. She says, quote, “This is the best way I could’ve gotten my 15 minutes of fame.”
Toy Barbie Jeep to Class
The only thing that’s weird about this business is that no one thought of it sooner.
There’s a new toy company called Cuddle Clones that will make you a stuffed animal replica of your PET. You send them some photos and information, and they send you back a stuffed animal that looks as similar to your pet as possible.
They do dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, pigs, horses . . . you name it. And based on the photos we’ve seen, they’re actually pretty accurate.
You can do it to get a stuffed version of a pet that’s still alive . . . maybe to take on vacation, or send to college with your emotionally-stilted child.
Or you can do it to get a stuffed version of a DEAD pet . . . which is creepy, but still way less creepy than going to a taxidermist.
You can order yours at CuddleClones.com. It starts at $199 for dogs and cats, and they’ve already got so many orders that people who get in now will probably have to wait until July to get their stuffed animals.
If you haven’t bought your kid a Christmas present this year, and somehow don’t KNOW what they want . . . you could do a lot worse than just buying them what all their friends are getting.
eBay just released its list of the most popular toy for Christmas this year in all 50 states. Here are five things we noticed on the list . . .
- TEXAS #1 is Legos, then Assassin’s Creed IV, an Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
- Some type of video game is most popular in 19 states. Games like “New Super Mario Bros.” for Nintendo DS and “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare” for PlayStation and Xbox came up the most frequently.
- Legos are number one in 10 different states.
- Barbie only won three states . . . the Barbie Fashion Doll Clothing Set is on top in Arizona, Minnesota, and South Carolina. And “Frozen” toys only won four states: Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Rhode Island.
- The Furby is still alive . . . it’s number one in Alabama.
- And finally, a huge shout-out to Nebraska, keeping it the most real of any state . . . the number one toy there is a John Deere tractor.
(You can see the results for every state here.)