Do You Cut Sandwiches, Wear a Watch, and Sit on the Toilet Like a Normal Person?

Do You Cut Sandwiches, Wear a Watch, and Sit on the Toilet Like a Normal Person?

2016-12-01-08_04_29-are-you-actually-doing-everything-wrong

It’s time to find out if you’ve been doing very basic things in a STRANGE way without even realizing it.

Buzzfeed just put out a quiz to find out how “normal” people do some basic, everyday things. Here’s what they found . . .

  1.  48% of people sit on public toilet seats. 27% squat or hover over them, and 25% use a seat cover or put down a layer of toilet paper.
  2.  You know how your earbuds say “L” and “R”? 91% of people follow that and put the corresponding bud in the correct ear.
  3.  79% of people cut their sandwiches diagonally. Only 21% cut them down the middle.
  4.  Only 42% of people shower in the morning, the other 58% shower at night.
  5.  97% of people wear their watch with the face on the outside of their wrist. 3% have the face on the inside.
  6.  And 5% of people eat pizza by starting with the crust.

(Buzzfeed)

Oxford English Dictionary Is Adding ‘Merica, Moobs, and YOLO

Oxford English Dictionary Is Adding ‘Merica, Moobs, and YOLO

oxford-english-dictionary

The Oxford English Dictionary is adding a bunch of new words, and it’s a pretty good round-up this year.  Here are the ten best ones . . .

1.  Fuhgeddaboudit.  Like how Tony Soprano would say “forget about it.”

2.  ‘Merica . . . meaning America without the “A” at the beginning.

3.  Bracketology.  Which you hear a lot during March Madness.

4.  Clickbait.  And another new one is “clicktivism” . . . when you support a cause online, but don’t actually go out and DO anything.

5.  Moobs . . . short for ‘man boobs.’

6.  Non-apology.  When you act like you’re apologizing, but don’t actually say you’re sorry.

7.  Swirlie.  When you dunk someone’s head in a toilet and flush it.  Which seems like it could have been added 50 years ago.

8.  YOLO.  Which stands for “you only live once.”

9.  Squee.  It’s Internet slang for when something’s cute.  They traced it back to an online discussion about Ewoks from 1998.

10.  Kegerator.  A refrigerator with a tap on the front, and a keg of beer inside.

(Here’s the full list, which includes a few R-rated entries.)

(Time / OED.com)

The Way You Hang a Toilet Paper Roll Secretly Reveals Your Personality

The Way You Hang a Toilet Paper Roll Secretly Reveals Your Personality

Photo: Elya, Wikipedia

Photo: Elya, Wikipedia

One of the great, pointless debates of modern life is the right way to hang a roll of toilet paper. Do you go with the “over” style, where the paper hangs to the front, or “under,” where the paper hangs to the back?

Well, believe it or not, a therapist ran a study on 2,000 people to see if the way you hang toilet paper is a window into your personality . . . and she actually DID find one connection.

People who put a toilet paper roll in the “over” style are more DOMINANT. People who hang the roll “under” style are more submissive.

She also found that the “over” people are SO dominant, sometimes they actually switch the paper at other people’s houses if it’s “under” style.

For what it’s worth, last year, someone actually dug up the original toilet paper roll patent from 1891 and found that in the drawings, the roll is in the “over” style.

(The Independent)

 

(Here's the patent drawing for toilet paper.)

(Here’s the patent drawing for toilet paper.)

Eight Weird Things Guys Do Without Realizing It

Eight Weird Things Guys Do Without Realizing It

Weird Things Guys Do

Guys you’re about to learn that you’ve been doing a few weird things your entire life . . . and you had NO IDEA.

There’s a discussion right now on Reddit.com where women are sharing the weird things guys do without even REALIZING they’re weird. Here are the eight best ones . . .

  1.  Going months without washing or changing their sheets.
  2.  Slapping their pockets to make sure their phone and wallet are in there.
  3.  Spending a really long time in the bathroom on the toilet.
  4.  Turning down the radio when they get lost . . . like somehow THAT’s the reason.
  5.  Keeping large amounts of change scattered around their room.
  6.  Putting their hand down their pants when they watch TV.
  7.  Lowering their voice when they talk on the phone, especially to another guy.
  8.  Denying they fell asleep when they’re randomly caught napping.

(Reddit)