According to a new survey, only 17% of us get at least eight hours of sleep a night. And with Daylight Saving Time, it’s even lower today. Here are the top eight reasons your job might be harder because of the time change . . .
- It seems like your day goes slower. That was the number one answer. 29% of the people in the survey agreed with it.
- Being tired makes you feel less motivated.
- It makes you less productive.
- You have a harder time remembering stuff.
- It takes longer to complete certain tasks.
- You get irritated by your coworkers more easily.
- You make more mistakes.
- It makes you resent your job more.
Also, a new CDC study looked at which jobs mess with people’s sleep schedules the most. The jobs where you’re least likely to get at least seven hours of sleep include switchboard operators, railway workers, food prep supervisors, and firefighters.
The jobs where you’re MOST likely to get enough sleep include air traffic controllers . . . church workers . . . teachers . . . and farmers.
(PR Newswire / Huffington Post)
Either the aliens really ARE getting ready to invade Earth, or people today are more bored than ever.
According to the National UFO Reporting Center, UFO sightings are at an all-time high.
From 1905 through 1980, there were less than 500 sightings a year. In the ’80s, that went up to about 1,000 . . . in the ’90s, it was up to 4,000 . . . and now, it’s getting close to 4,500 to 5,000.
And Americans are the most likely to spot aliens . . . by FAR. Our rate of UFO sightings is almost 300 TIMES higher than the average around the world.
The states with the highest rate of UFO sightings are: Washington . . . Montana . . . Vermont . . . Oregon . . . Alaska . . . Maine . . . New Hampshire . . . Arizona . . . New Mexico . . . and Idaho.
Even if you’re single, maybe you won’t feel alone today thanks to your cat or dog. But if you’re single and don’t have a pet . . . um, no offense, I guess?
According to a new survey, 54% of people with pets are giving them a Valentine’s gift this year. And that makes sense, because we’re in VERY affectionate relationships with them.
91% tell their pets they love them . . . 70% let them sleep in their bed . . . and 32% kiss them on the lips, bacteria be damned.
You know what makes Valentine’s Day better? Distilling it down to a list of raw, cold facts. Hah!
We’ve got the results of a bunch of new Valentine’s Day surveys and studies here, and we pulled out the most interesting results from all of them. Here’s the state of love in 2017 by the numbers . . .
1. More than four out of five people are doing SOMETHING to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
2. 55% of people plan on having sex tonight. And 34% of women say they want sex more than ANYTHING ELSE tonight.
3. 46% think today should be a national holiday and a paid day off work.
4. Valentine’s Day is more likely to be an END than a beginning. 13% of people have dumped someone on Valentine’s Day . . . while 12% have gotten engaged.
5. 71% of couples will go out for dinner either tonight or another night this week to celebrate.
6. 87% of people will cheat on their diet during Valentine’s Day dinner. And 44% will order more expensive things than they normally do when they go out to eat.
7. The worst thing you can do to kill the mood at dinner tonight is use your phone too much. The other bad things you can do are: Being rude to your server . . . talking about your ex or politics . . . and having bad table manners.
8. 8% of people will spend more than $500 on Valentine’s Day this year. 3% of people will spend less than $10.
9. Men think they’re more romantic than women. The average man gives himself an eight out of 10 for romance . . . the average woman gives herself a six out of 10.
10. And finally, one out of five people think it’s okay to go on a first date tonight.
(PR Newswire / Daily Mail / ABC 6 – Providence / Bustle)
Earlier this month, JOHNNY DEPP accused his former business managers of screwing him royally . . . and he sued them for more than $25 million. Well, they just filed court papers saying Johnny screwed himself with his ridiculous spending.
And they gave examples. Like the $75 million he’s spent on 14 different residences . . . his $18 million luxury yacht . . . and the $30,000 he spends on wine EVERY MONTH.
He also paid $3 million to blast the ashes of author HUNTER THOMPSON out of a cannon.
The papers say, quote, “Depp lived an ultra-extravagant lifestyle that often knowingly cost in excess of $2 million per month to maintain, which he simply could not afford.
“Depp, and Depp alone, is fully responsible for any financial turmoil he finds himself in today.”
(You can read the whole thing here.)