TAYLOR SWIFT hasn’t announced dates for her upcoming ‘Reputation’ tour yet . . . but when she does, you can bet that tickets will be VERY hard to get.
She’s willing to push YOU toward the front of the line . . . but only if you buy some of her expensive merchandise, like a $60 SNAKE RING.
It’s a new program called ‘Taylor Swift Tix‘ that she’s doing with Ticketmaster. Basically, you can get points by PROVING how big of a fan you are by watching her videos, sharing her photos on social media, and most importantly, buying stuff. You get varying amounts of points for doing these things, and the fans who accumulate the most points will get priority when her tickets become available. Taylor and Ticketmaster argue that the system is intended to ensure that REAL FANS are getting the tickets, and they aren’t being hoarded by scalpers and bots.
But naturally, she’s getting a LOT of backlash, because she’s giving priority to her richest fans, who can afford merch ON TOP OF the ticket prices. And it’s also a way for her to get a bunch of fans to do marketing and social media publicity on her behalf for FREE
TAYLOR SWIFT released her new song “Look What You Made Me Do” on Thursday night, and the world went DOG NUTS over it. On its first day, it was streamed more than 8 million times on Spotify, and got 19 million views on YouTube. Those are both records. “Billboard”says it could sell 500,000 copies in its first week, which would be the biggest sales week for a track since ADELE’s “Hello” in 2015. Meanwhile, the video debuted last night on the “VMAs”. It ends with several versions of Taylor from different points in her career sniping at each other. One Taylor tells another Taylor to stop making her “surprise face” because it’s annoying . . . and another Taylor gets berated for, quote, “playing the victim again.”
TAYLOR SWIFT released the details on her next album, and the cover photo features her supposed “overhauled new image.” It seems like the look she’s going for is . . . SOPHISTICATED PUNK. (???)
The album is called “Reputation”, and it’ll be out on November 10th. The cover image is black and white, and ‘Reputation’ is written in an Old English-style font . . . like a hardcore punk album from back in the day.
It features an image of Taylor with her hair slicked back and her old tattered shirt, she looks like some kind of ’80s noir femme fatale. There’s also a bunch of newspaper articles in the design, but they all just say her name over and over again. That also kind of fits into the punk vibe.
It sure seems like Taylor is going to be tackling some celebrity gossip issues . . . and it’s possible that she’s zeroing in on the fall-out from her feud with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, because some people think the “Reputation” font is a reference to the one Kanye used in connection with his last album.
Taylor also confirmed that the first single will be out sometime TONIGHT.
TAYLOR SWIFT is going on trial later this month. If you haven’t heard, a former radio DJ is suing her for defamation, after she claimed he grabbed her backside during a meet-and-greet back in 2013.
He lost his job . . . but Taylor insists it happened, and she’s filed a countersuit for sexual harassment.
In any event, jury selection is happening now . . . and naturally, the lawyers opposing Taylor are trying to keep her biggest fans from stacking the jury. In an effort to expose their fandom, they have a questionnaire for prospective jurors.
It includes stuff like:
- Have you listened to Taylor Swift on the radio?
- Have you watched one of Taylor’s videos?
- Have you read a blog about her?
- Have you bought a Taylor Swift album?
- Have you “intentionally listened to Taylor through an online service”?
- Have you gone to one of her concerts?
Taylor was actually in the courtroom in Denver yesterday to witness the jury selection. The trial will probably take a little over a week, and she IS expected to take the witness stand. If she wins her countersuit, she’ll donate the money to charity.
Everybody starts somewhere. Even the biggest celebrities started out working mundane, even crappy jobs.
We dug through some lists online, and came up with first jobs, early jobs, and / or side gigs of the rich and famous.
Here are 24 of our favorites . . .
1. Brad Pitt . . . El Pollo Loco Chicken Mascot
2. Megan Fox . . . Smoothie Maker, Banana Mascot
3. “Hamilton” star Lin-Manuel Miranda . . . Slushee Machine Operator
4. Madonna . . . Dunkin’ Donuts Cashier
5. Rachel McAdams . . . McDonald’s
6. Gwen Stefani . . . Dairy Queen
7. Beyoncé . . . Hair Salon Sweeper
8. Taylor Swift . . . Bug Remover at a Christmas Tree Farm
9. Orlando Bloom . . . Clay Trapper at a Pigeon Shooting Range
10. Ashton Kutcher . . . Floor Sweeper at a General Mills Factory
11. Patrick Dempsey . . . Juggler. (Skip to the 2:50 mark in this video to see him in action.)
12. Lady Gaga . . . Go-Go Dancer
13. Matthew McConaughey . . . Chicken Coop Cleaner
14. Hugh Jackman . . . High School Gym Teacher
15. Johnny Depp . . . Ballpoint Pen Salesman
16. Jennifer Aniston . . . Telemarketer
17. Amy Adams . . . Hooters Hostess
18. Kanye West . . . The Gap
19. Sean Connery . . . Milkman
20. Oprah . . . Grocery Store Clerk
21. Blake Shelton . . . House Painter and Roofer
22. George Clooney . . . Tried Out for the Cincinnati Reds
23. Morgan Freeman . . . Paperboy
24. Tim Allen . . . Cocaine Dealer