It’s hard to work in an office and not eat junk food. Someone brings in donuts in the morning . . . someone else has candy on their desk . . . and then there’s the occasional birthday cake.
But do you go home and tell your significant other about all that junk you ate? According to a new survey, 47% of people say NO, they keep it a secret.
And 21% take it even further and LIE about what they ate during the work day.
I don’t think anyone would be surprised that it can be unprofessional to have a super messy desk. But you might not see THIS one coming: It also might be unprofessional to have a desk that’s too CLEAN.
A new survey found 54% of bosses say it’s a red flag when one of their employees’ desks is too messy. But 10% say they’re suspicious of an employee whose desk is too CLEAN.
They didn’t get into the reasons why, but we’re thinking it could be because a clean desk makes it seem like your workload is too light because you have enough time to constantly straighten up.
And since a messy desk can be linked to creativity, having a clean one could show you’re too uptight and un-creative.
The survey also found 15% of bosses have had an employee hang up something inappropriate in their cubicle.
Do you ever wonder if other people share the same weird habits as you? Well we found an online survey about it. Here are eight questions we liked . . .
1. When you leave a store without buying anything, do you get worried they’ll think you’re shoplifting? 75% of people said yes.
2. When you write the word “Wednesday,” do you sound it out in your head as “Wed-ness-day”? 85% of us do it.
3. Do you pace around and fidget with stuff while you’re on the phone? 78% said yes.
4. Do you cringe when you hear a recording of your own voice? 82% said yes.
5. Do you ever worry other people are judging you for how fast your windshield wipers are going in light rain? 52% say yes.
6. When you’re reading a book, do you ever space out . . . read a whole page . . . and then not remember any of it? 97% say yes.
7. Do you ever close Facebook or Twitter because you’re bored with it . . . then open it back up one second later without thinking? 93% say yes.
8. Do you ever respond to your pet by saying, “I know” after they bark or meow? 83% of us do it.
Either lots of women got really TURNED ON by their tax refunds this year or the world has become even stranger than we thought.
A new survey had women rank the SEXIEST JOBS for men. And the number one answer is . . . accountant. It got 21% of the vote.
Here are the nine sexiest jobs for men: Accountant . . . CEO . . . doctor . . . lawyer . . . construction worker . . . firefighter . . . I.T. worker . . . gardener . . . and police officer. (They did a top nine, because the 10th answer was “other.”)
The survey also found the four least sexy jobs: Garbage man . . . customer service worker . . . deliveryman . . . and postal worker.