Somehow, a teenager forgetting to do his chores has become international news.
There’s an 18-year-old kid named Connor Cox who’s a freshman at Westminster College in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania. And a few weeks ago, he got a care package from his mom.
But when he opened it up, all he found inside was a bunch of trash.
And not just any trash. It was the trash he was supposed to take out back when he was at home for winter break, but he forgot.
Connor posted a picture of the box of garbage on Twitter and now it’s going viral.
Every single person’s parents do SOMETHING weird just to save a few bucks. It’s a scientific fact. My parents still, to this day, keep the house at like 65 degrees in the winter because they’d rather freeze than run the heat.
There’s a discussion right now on Reddit where people are sharing childhood memories of the ridiculous things their parents did to save money. Here are five great ones . . .
1. “My mom tried to convince the ticket guy at the movies my brother was 12. He was 19 and smoking a cigarette.”
2. “When I was in junior high, I wanted weights to bulk up for sports. My dad filled two big Folgers coffee cans with cement and stuck them on a sawed off broom handle.”
3. “When we demolished our brick garage, my dad made us clean every brick with a pickaxe and line them up around the house for future use. [It took] one year of backbreaking effort and they’re still there eight years later.”
4. “They’d collect all the pieces of soap when the bars get too small to use, put them in pantyhose, and hang them from the shower head. You’re supposed to lather up your hands and use that soap until it’s gone.”
5. “My dad would build up speed, then turn the engine off and coast down to five miles-per-hour to save gas. He did that while my friends were in the car.”
KANYE WEST spends a lot of time ranting on the edge of total insanity . . . so it’s hard to tell when he needs help, and when he’s just Kanye being Kanye. But apparently, the chaos from the weekend crossed the line.
Kanye was at his trainer’s house yesterday when he started “acting erratically.” TMZ says his personal doctor was checking him out for “severe sleep deprivation,” and at some point someone decided to call 911.
When the paramedics arrived, Kanye was calmer . . . but everyone thought he needed to get checked out at the hospital. Everyone, that is, except Kanye.
Eventually, they talked him into it . . . but he still needed to be handcuffed to a gurney during the ride. Nothing dramatic happened though. That’s just protocol for situations like this where someone’s going in for a psych evaluation.
There’s no official word on what’s happening . . . so naturally, there are plenty of rumors that he had some sort of mental breakdown. But a source told “People” that he’s just EXHAUSTED.
“He’s been working around the clock on fashion design, which is extremely important to him . . . and the rigors of the tour every night, it really wore him out.”
But Kanye won’t have to worry about the tour anymore. Earlier in the day, he canceled his 22 remaining through the end of the year. Refunds are available at the point of purchase.
He didn’t give a reason, but the wheels have been falling off recently. Last Thursday, he made some controversial comments at a show . . . on Saturday, he infuriated fans by only performing three songs, then launching into a 15-plus-minute rant, and abruptly ending the concert.
And on Sunday, he nixed a show just a few hours before it was supposed to start.
Of course, balancing his tour with his fashion line isn’t all he’s been dealing with . . . he also canceled some shows last month after KIM KARDASHIAN was robbed at gunpoint in Paris.
According to “Billboard”, Kanye made $34.5 million on 26 dates that he DID perform on the tour, with a total attendance of 396,972 people. Technically, he’s performed 40 shows, but the data isn’t available for all of them.
So, they estimate that the 22 canceled shows will cost him roughly $27.3 million. And for now, there’s no indication that Kanye plans to resume the tour. Although, his health is the most important thing at this point.
This study is supposed to serve as a warning, but for me, it’s a to-do list.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest just released their annual report on the most absurdly unhealthy items at chain restaurants in 2016. Here’s the top five . . .
- Applebee’s Build Your Sampler appetizer. If you pick cheeseburger egg rolls, pretzels and cheese dip, chicken quesadillas, boneless wings, and spinach dip, it comes to 3,390 calories, 65 grams of saturated fat, and 11,650 milligrams of sodium.
- Maggiano’s Marco’s Meal For Two. Even if you pick the “lighter” options for an appetizer, pasta, and dessert, you’ll both still eat at least 2,840 calories and 79 grams of saturated fat.
- Cheesecake Factory’s Fried Chicken and Waffles Benedict. If you get this for brunch, it has 2,580 calories and 86 grams of saturated fat.
- Dave & Buster’s Short Rib and Cheesy Mac Stack. This sandwich has short ribs with mac-and-cheese on top for 1,910 calories and 42 grams of saturated fat.
- Sonic’s large Grape Slush with Rainbow Candy. You’ll drink 970 calories and one-and-a-quarter cups of sugar.
(Here are a few more of their picks.)
After KIM KARDASHIAN released those phone conversations between KANYE WEST and TAYLOR SWIFT, it seemed like most people took Kim and Kanye’s side in the feud over his song “Famous”.
The popular opinion was that the videos proved Taylor LIED, even though there’s no audio showing that Taylor knew about the lyric, “I made that [B-word] famous” . . . which is what she’s always claimed she was bothered by.
In any event, Buzzfeed had a political polling company do a formal survey . . . asking over 2,500 registered voters where they came out in this supposed feud. You know, because it’s just THAT important. (???)
Of those polled, 75% were hip to the feud, which is incredible because they aren’t Buzzfeed readers, they’re just random people. On top of that, 38% were at least 55 years old, and 21% of them were over 65. So, like, grandparents.
So who wins? Taylor Swift. She got 34% of the vote, compared with 8% for Kim and Kanye. If there’s a saving grace here, it’s that more than half of voters apparently don’t care. 58% either had no opinion, or weren’t ready to make an official endorsement.
As for overall impressions, 55% of the people felt favorably about Taylor. Kayne only had a 15% favorable rating, and Kim had 16%.