(Reddit) A Norwegian comedian wanted to prove that songs could become club hits without making any sense, so he collected randoms words and names in Spanish (a language he did not speak) as lyrics and added cliché saxophones and accordion mixes. The song charted across Europe, reaching #1 in some places.
“Salsa Tequila” is a novelty song by Norwegian comedian Anders Nilsen in Spanish. He doesn’t speak Spanish, as he admits in the song by saying “No hablo español” (I do not speak Spanish). To make the song even catchier, he uses accordion and saxophone mixes noting their usage had become prevalent in many recent hits. The song is written and produced by Nilsen, and was released in 2014 on Sony Music. It was a huge commercial success in Norway and the Netherlands and has charted in Belgium. The lyric music video is directed by Galvan Mehidi.
OK this song is hilarious.
Multilingual. I speak Song Lyrics, Movie Quotes, Sarcasm, Whale. How about you?
Here are eight things that can make you look unprofessional at work . . .
- Profanity. You might be able to get away with swearing occasionally. But don’t use the F-word as filler any time you speak passionately about something.
- Constantly being late to work or meetings. It shows a lack of respect.
- Checking out attractive co-workers. If THEY catch you doing it, you’ll know. But it’s more likely one of your OTHER co-workers will see it, and you’ll have no idea.
- Pretending everything’s fine when it’s not. Optimism is good, but you need to be realistic.
- Being flaky. Meaning you say you’ll do something, then don’t. Or you don’t do it on time.
- Being disorganized. Which could mean everything from a messy desk to not answering emails.
- Being inarticulate. That includes using the word “like” too much, and filler words like “uh” and “um” all the time.
- Overpromising. Before you tell a co-worker or client you can do something, make sure you actually CAN do it.
Macklemore & Lewis’ Macklemore posted a letter on the group’s website yesterday apologizing for wearing what some felt was an anti-Semitic costume during a performance in Seattle Friday. The rapper explained that he wanted to go “incognito” to the show so he looked for a “disguise.” When the fake noses he tried out were too large and didn’t fit him he “ended up with a big witch nose” and chose a black wig simply because it was a drastic difference from his natural hair color.
“I’ve always loved dressing up and have been doing so my entire career. The character I dressed up as on Friday had no intended cultural identity or background. I wasn’t attempting to mimic any culture, nor resemble one,” he wrote. “A ‘Jewish stereotype’ never crossed my mind.”
But even though he wasn’t trying to be offensive, he still apologized for upsetting people. “I acknowledge how the costume could, within a context of stereotyping, be ascribed to a Jewish caricature,” he wrote. “I am here to say that it was absolutely not my intention, and unfortunately at the time I did not foresee the costume to be viewed in such regard. I’m saddened that this story, or any of my choices, would lead to any form of negativity.”
Finally, Macklemore added, “I will let my body of work and the causes for which I’ve supported speak for themselves. I hope that anyone who may question my intent take a few moments to discover the human and artist that I strive to be. I respect all cultures and all people. I would never intentionally put down anybody for the fabric that makes them who they are. I love human beings, love originality, and… happen to love a weird outfit from time to time.” He also shared a link to the Anti-Defamation League, which fights anti-Semitism, urging fans to “check out the great work they do.”
The hunky actor had to have his mouth wired shut after he accidentally slipped a fell on his face outside his home in Los Angeles over the weekend.
Zac can’t speak at the moment due to the injury and also sustained a large gash on his face that required stitches during the late night accident.
The 26-year-old is expected to make a full recovery but has been forced to cancel his upcoming promotional tour for his new movie ‘That Awkward Moment,’ which is due to be released in January.
** Zac went to rehab for alcohol and drug abuse earlier this year.