I remember when I was really young and I could actually stop dating someone because of a minor red flag. Once you get older, you learn to overlook EVERYTHING. “Oh, you don’t ever shower? That’s so environmentally conscious!”
A new survey asked people which of these red flags would make them stop dating someone. Here are the results . . .
1. They’re very jealous and don’t like it when you hang out with your friends instead of them . . . 84% say they’d dump someone over that red flag.
2. They’re really flaky and constantly cancel plans at the last minute, 82%.
3. They keep bringing up their ex on a first date, 78%.
4. They’re rude to your server on your first dinner date, 77%.
5. They flirt with other people in front of you, 70%.
6. Their friends are awful, 68%.
7. They admit they cheated on their last significant other, 61%.
8. After you have sex for the first time, it’s awful and you realize you’re not sexually compatible, 60%.
9. Bad personal hygiene, 52%.
10. You have opposite political views, 48%.
You know what makes Valentine’s Day better? Distilling it down to a list of raw, cold facts. Hah!
We’ve got the results of a bunch of new Valentine’s Day surveys and studies here, and we pulled out the most interesting results from all of them. Here’s the state of love in 2017 by the numbers . . .
1. More than four out of five people are doing SOMETHING to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
2. 55% of people plan on having sex tonight. And 34% of women say they want sex more than ANYTHING ELSE tonight.
3. 46% think today should be a national holiday and a paid day off work.
4. Valentine’s Day is more likely to be an END than a beginning. 13% of people have dumped someone on Valentine’s Day . . . while 12% have gotten engaged.
5. 71% of couples will go out for dinner either tonight or another night this week to celebrate.
6. 87% of people will cheat on their diet during Valentine’s Day dinner. And 44% will order more expensive things than they normally do when they go out to eat.
7. The worst thing you can do to kill the mood at dinner tonight is use your phone too much. The other bad things you can do are: Being rude to your server . . . talking about your ex or politics . . . and having bad table manners.
8. 8% of people will spend more than $500 on Valentine’s Day this year. 3% of people will spend less than $10.
9. Men think they’re more romantic than women. The average man gives himself an eight out of 10 for romance . . . the average woman gives herself a six out of 10.
10. And finally, one out of five people think it’s okay to go on a first date tonight.
(PR Newswire / Daily Mail / ABC 6 – Providence / Bustle)
Tomorrow is the first day of December, but there’s a good chance you’ve already started watching Christmas movies, especially if you have kids. And no matter how many times you’ve seen them, you may not know everything.
“People” magazine has a list of “30 Surprising Facts About Your Favorite Christmas Movies,” and while some of them aren’t exactly shocking . . . there are some interesting ones. Here are 10 highlights:
1. Natalie Wood was eight when she filmed “Miracle on 34th Street”, and she thought her co-star Edmund Gwenn really WAS Santa Claus.
2. The supervising animator for “The Nightmare Before Christmas” says the movie was shot at 24 frames per second, meaning that technically the characters had to be posed 24 different times for each SECOND. And it took It took a whole weekto finish shooting each minute of the movie.
3. An episode of “MythBusters” proved that a person’s tongue CAN instantly get stuck to a freezing pole like in “A Christmas Story”.
4. Will Ferrell ate so much sugar while filming “Elf” that he had trouble sleeping. He said, quote, “I constantly stayed up. But anything for the movie, I’m there.”
5. Jim Carrey was originally supposed to star in “Elf”.
6. “The Santa Clause” joke involving ‘1-800-SPANK-ME’ caused massive problems for parents when kids discovered that it connected them to an actual phone sex hotline. Some people who dialed the number reportedly racked up hundreds of dollars in phone bills.
7. The Grinch was black-and-white in the original Dr. Seuss book . . . and it was the director of the 1966 animated movie who had the idea to make him green.
8. After the release of “Home Alone 2”, the Plaza Hotel in New York City was swamped with families wanting to recreate Kevin’s adventure in Suite 411, a.k.a. ‘Kevin’s Suite,’ for $1,100 a night. Donald Trump owned the Plaza back then, and as you probably know by now, he has a cameo in the movie.
9. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” creator Robert May considered the names ‘Reginald’ and ‘Rollo’ before settling on ‘Rudolph.’ He ultimately thought Reginald sounded too British and Rollo sounded too carefree.
10. Some of the Jean Shepherd stories that made up “A Christmas Story” were first published in “Playboy”. Of course, they weren’t R-rated. As you probably know, aside from the pictorials, “Playboy” has a long history of featuring short stories. In fact, that’s why most people say they read it. (???)
The director of “A Christmas Story”, Bob Clark, also directed the sex comedy “Porky’s” and the not-so-family-friendly movie “Black Christmas”, which is a classic horror movie from 1974. (Hit up People.com for the whole list.)
Here are five sex dreams and what they supposedly mean . . .
- A dream where you get it on with an ex. It could either mean you have unresolved issues with them, or you miss the level of intimacy you had. Because you don’t have it in your CURRENT relationship.
- Getting it on with a celebrity. It could be a sign you’re not satisfied with the person you’re with. But odds are it’s just your subconscious living out a fantasy, so you probably don’t have to worry about it.
- Getting it on with a stranger. It might be a sign you’re not satisfied with your sex life. Or the “stranger” might just represent a change or opportunity in your life that’s stressing you out.
- Dreaming of your PARTNER cheating. It could mean you’re nervous they’re cheating in real life, or you just feel like they’re not giving you enough attention.
- Getting it on with your boss. Unless they’re drop-dead sexy, it probably just means you want more power and control in your life. And the reason it’s THEM in the dream is they HAVE those qualities.
Monday Lisa??? by Aria
A new survey found 64% of people hate Mondays.
So . . . how do we get through this terrible, terrible day every week? Here are the top five things people do to survive Mondays . . .
- Drink extra coffee.
- Listen to music (Specifically KVLY).
- Eat lots of food.
- Have sex.