Here’s a picture of the firefighters with the smashed chimney.
Trying to get into a house through the chimney is just about the WORST thing you can do . . . unless you’re Santa Claus, or a British orphan chimney sweep from the 1800s. No one else is qualified.
A guy tried to break into a house in Huron, California on Friday by sliding down the chimney . . . but he got stuck. And apparently he was afraid to blow his cover by yelling for help, so he just stayed in there.
And that became a BIG problem on Saturday afternoon, when the people in the house decided to actually light a fire in their fireplace.
THAT’S when the guy started screaming. The people called 911 and put out the fire . . . but it was too late. By the time firefighters smashed through the chimney to pull him out, he was dead . . . most likely from inhaling smoke.
There is no doubt that being Santa Claus is a tough job. I mean, making that list, checking it twice, not to mention buying and delivering all those toys to girls and boys. And while we’re sure Ol’ Saint Nick is perfectly happy being paid in cookies and milk, as well as the joy on kids’ faces, what if he were to get an actual salary?
Well, the folks at insure.com have crunched some numbers to come out with a figure, and all totaled, he’d likely earn $139,924, which is an increase of $2,129 from last year.
As for the actual breakdown of his salary:
- Running the workshop 2912 hours per year $116,742
- Professional shopper 120 hours per year $1,980
- Gift wrapper, 168 hours per year $1,831
- Labor negotiator (with the elves) 182.5 hours per year $4,964
- Letter reader 100 hours per year $1,722
- Talking to kids in the mall 168 hours per year $2,695
- Investigator (how else will he know if you’ve been good or bad) 30 hours per year $777
- List checker 30 hours per year $537
- Taking care of reindeer 365 hours per year $4,347
- Snow plow driver 180 hours per year $3,200
- Sleigh pilot 10 hours per year $623
- Chimney sweep 10 hours per year $146
- Cookie taster 10 hours per year $210
- Gift distributor 10 hours per year $149
- Announcer (“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”) .01 hours per year $0