Credit: Nate Edwards/BYU
Why do people take selfies and post them on social media? Believe it or not, it’s NOT just because they’re vain. I mean, that’s one of the MAJOR reasons, of course, but it’s not the only one.
A new study out of Brigham Young University found there are three different reasons people take lots of selfies. Check ’em out . . .
- To communicate with their friends and family and engage with them. That could be like taking a selfie with your “I Voted” sticker to try to motivate other people to also vote.
- To record key events in your life and preserve memories.
- And to publicize yourself for vain or narcissistic reasons, like having people see how AMAZING your life is.
Well I’m not going to argue with THIS.
A survey found only 12% of people SLEEP NAKED . . . but the other 88% really need to start. Because it turns out it’s good for your health. Here are the four reasons why . . .
- You’ll sleep better. Your body temperature is lower, which keeps you from waking up during the night.
- You’ll burn more calories while you sleep.
- It helps prevent bacterial infections down below for women and keeps a man’s sperm count up.
- And you’re more likely to have a HAPPY MARRIAGE. The feeling of being naked in your bed makes your brain release oxytocin, which makes you happier in your relationship.
GoDaddy.com released a new survey yesterday on the most common “life goals” people have, but haven’t accomplished yet.
Overall, 76% of people said they haven’t made as much progress in their professional and personal lives as they’d like. And 66% said they currently feel stuck in a rut. Here are the five things people WISH they’d accomplished by now.
- Starting your own business. It was the most popular answer overall.
- Going back to school.
- Taking a job outside the state or country you live in. Obviously you have to leave your friends and family behind to do it, so it’s risky.
- Telling someone off. Which is weird, because does that really qualify as a “LIFE GOAL”? (???)
- Traveling alone.
The other popular answers were proposing to someone . . . trying an extreme sport . . . and writing a book. And the top reasons people gave for NOT accomplishing their goals yet were money . . . not knowing how to start . . . lacking confidence . . . and not being able to get motivated.
We found a funny list online, where people gave the most ridiculous reasons they’d heard for someone getting dumped. Here are the best ones.
- A woman dumped a guy because he used too many hashtags on Instagram.
- A guy dumped a girl because her jaw clicked when they made out.
- A woman broke up with a guy after she saw his childhood photos, and thought he looked weird when he was 12.
- A guy stopped dating a woman after he saw her eating peas one at a time.
- A guy bragged about going to the gym a lot, but couldn’t lift his girlfriend up, so she broke up with him.
- A guy dumped a girl after his dad reminded him that all women POOP. (???)
- A guy found out his girlfriend’s glasses didn’t have a prescription in them.
- It was right before Valentine’s Day, and the guy didn’t want to go through the trouble of buying something.
- The girlfriend’s dad was terminally ill, and the guy didn’t want to feel obligated to go to his FUNERAL.
- And finally, quote, “His name didn’t match his face.”
Four Reasons to Date a Guy Who Participates in Movember
It’s November . . . a.k.a. Movember . . . where guys grow mustaches for charity. So here are four great qualities of guys who participate in Movember.
- He’s a philanthropist. It’s one thing to make a cash donation to charity, but it’s another level to grow your facial hair for a month, and ask your family and friends to sponsor you to do it.
- He’s health conscious. Movember isn’t just about raising money for research into men’s health issues, it’s also about raising AWARENESS. And because of that, he’s more likely to take care of his OWN health.
- He has a sense of humor. Growing a moustache for charity means he doesn’t take himself too seriously.
- He can commit. Movember lasts a whole month, so if he can stay the course it shows has some serious staying power.