HELL’S KITCHEN: Chef Ramsay (R) yells at Tek (L) during dinner service on an all-new HELL’S KITCHEN airing Tuesday, Aug. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. ©2009 Fox Broadcasting Co. Cr: Patrick Wymore/FOX
You hate to see people lose their jobs . . . unless they lose them in a HILARIOUS way. Then it’s fine.
There’s a discussion on Reddit.com where managers are sharing the DUMBEST thing one of their employees did to get fired.
Here are five of the best ones . . .
- “My assistant manager’s register was exactly $3.64 short after every shift. It turns out that’s how much he was spending at Taco Bell for lunch. When we accused him of stealing, he thought we meant all the merchandise he’d been taking.”
- “A 20-year-old new guy called in sick and said he had a stroke. He lived across the street from the store, so we all watched him pack up his truck with beach gear and drive off with his girlfriend.”
- “I had a server take a sip out of a customer’s Dr. Pepper and Coke right in front of them to see which was which.”
- “I had to fire a new dishwasher after she was caught on camera throwing silverware and plates into the dumpster instead of putting them into the dishwasher.”
- “We had a secretary who wouldn’t get anything done. I eventually got fed up and looked on her work computer. I found out she was prostituting herself with her company email.”
If you’re trying to be healthier this year, here are five small changes that don’t require much effort. But they can actually make a difference . . .
- Start calling yourself a “runner.” Or if you like tennis, start referring to yourself as a “tennis player.” A study at Winona University in Minnesota found that giving yourself a label like that encourages you to do the activity more, regardless of what it is.
- Make sure you get a good night’s sleep on Tuesdays. A recent study found it’s the night we’re most LIKELY to get a good night’s sleep, because we’re less likely to drink or stay out late. So try not to waste it.
- Put a plant on your desk at work. It makes you more productive, and it can increase job satisfaction by 20%. So it’s an easy way to boost your MENTAL health.
- Record yourself brushing your teeth. If you do it every other day for about two weeks, your technique should get better.
- Wash your reusable water bottle every day. It seems like you shouldn’t have to since you’re only putting water in there. But it can actually get pretty disgusting if you don’t. Bacteria from your hands and mouth can get in there and then multiply.
So either toss it in the dishwasher every night, or let it soak in water that’s mixed with a little bit of vinegar or bleach.
(Daily Mail / PopSugar)
We know the main excuses for not going to the gym. You’re too tired, too busy, or too comfortable on the couch. But you can be more creative than THAT, right?
A new survey asked people for the most ridiculous excuse they’d ever used to get out of working out. Here are the five best . . .
- “I couldn’t go to the gym because my psychic said I was going to get a call from an old flame.”
- “I just did an eating contest and I can’t move.”
- “I slipped a disc putting on running socks.”
- “I couldn’t find a parking space at the gym so I didn’t go in.”
- “I was about to go, but my roommate had a coupon for 50% off at Dominos.”
SELENA GOMEZ is putting herself on hiatus, so she can take some time to “focus on her health and happiness.”
She says, quote, “As many of you know, around a year ago I revealed that I have lupus, an illness that can affect people in different ways. I’ve discovered that anxiety, panic attacks, and depression can be side effects of lupus, which can present their own challenges.”
Now, I know what you’re thinking . . . could this be a COVER for something else that’s going on behind the scenes? Well, “People” magazine doesn’t think so.
A source says, quote, “[It’s] absolutely not related to alcohol or substance abuse, [she just] hadn’t felt like herself over the last couple of months.”
Selena didn’t say how long her break will be . . . but supposedly, she’s cleared her calendar for the rest of the year. She also took a break back in 2013, and secretly underwent chemotherapy as part of her lupus treatment.
I know that telling you to put down your phone is like telling you to chop off your left arm . . . but you REALLY should do it once in a while.
A new study found that the key to a successful relationship is putting down your phone and doing two things instead: Spending quality time face-to-face . . . and being affectionate.
The researchers say, quote, “No amount of texting can compensate for a lack of either of those factors.”
But here’s the problem. Most of us are tighter with our phones than our partners.
Another survey just found that 53% of people admit that they spend more time on their phone than with their significant other . . . and two-thirds of us get distracted by our phones in the middle of conversations.
(Daily Mail / FemaleFirst)