You know what makes Valentine’s Day better? Distilling it down to a list of raw, cold facts. Hah!
We’ve got the results of a bunch of new Valentine’s Day surveys and studies here, and we pulled out the most interesting results from all of them. Here’s the state of love in 2017 by the numbers . . .
1. More than four out of five people are doing SOMETHING to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
2. 55% of people plan on having sex tonight. And 34% of women say they want sex more than ANYTHING ELSE tonight.
3. 46% think today should be a national holiday and a paid day off work.
4. Valentine’s Day is more likely to be an END than a beginning. 13% of people have dumped someone on Valentine’s Day . . . while 12% have gotten engaged.
5. 71% of couples will go out for dinner either tonight or another night this week to celebrate.
6. 87% of people will cheat on their diet during Valentine’s Day dinner. And 44% will order more expensive things than they normally do when they go out to eat.
7. The worst thing you can do to kill the mood at dinner tonight is use your phone too much. The other bad things you can do are: Being rude to your server . . . talking about your ex or politics . . . and having bad table manners.
8. 8% of people will spend more than $500 on Valentine’s Day this year. 3% of people will spend less than $10.
9. Men think they’re more romantic than women. The average man gives himself an eight out of 10 for romance . . . the average woman gives herself a six out of 10.
10. And finally, one out of five people think it’s okay to go on a first date tonight.
(PR Newswire / Daily Mail / ABC 6 – Providence / Bustle)
If you’ve been waiting your whole life for a secret decoder that helps you figure out a woman’s mood . . . this just might be it.
A new study out of the University of Queensland in Australia found that you can use a woman’s CLOTHES to get a pretty accurate gauge of her mood.
Here are the four things women wear when they’re happy . . .
- Their favorite shoes.
- Bright colored things that fit their body well.
And here are the two things women wear when they’re unhappy . . .
- Baggy shirts.
Do you ever wake up in a bad mood, and you’re not sure WHY? Here are three possible reasons, according to science.
1. You’re not getting enough fruits and vegetables. A recent study found that people who eat seven servings of produce a day tend to be happier, less anxious, and less likely to be depressed.
2. You’re dehydrated. A 2012 study found that even being a LITTLE dehydrated can put you in a bad mood. In general, men should get at least 3.7 liters of water a day, and women should get 2.7. And yes, things like coffee and juice DO count.
3. You check Facebook too much. A study this year found that if you’re on there constantly, you start realizing it’s a HUGE waste of time . . . which makes you feel bad about yourself. And that probably applies for things like fantasy football too.
The “Huffington Post” has put out a list of 27 Sex Songs For Your Valentine’s Day Activities. And there’s a wide-array of songs, so there’s something “for whatever mood you’re in.” Here are some highlights:
“One in a Million”, Aaliyah
“Too Close”, Next
“Pour Some Sugar on Me”, Def Leppard
“Love in an Elevator”, Aerosmith
“You Shook Me All Night Long”, AC/DC
“Dark Horse”, Katy Perry
“Back That Azz Up”, Juvenile featuring Mannie Fresh and Lil Wayne
“Play”, David Banner
“Let’s Get It On”, Marvin Gaye
(HuffingtonPost.com has the full list, along with audio of each song.)