A student at the University of Georgia was late for a test so they parked illegally, leaving a note on their for the parking enforcement officer, pleading with them to just this once, give them a break.
Well not only did the ticket writer not help the student out, they left a pretty nasty note on the ticket that read, “Hope you failed.”
No word on if it is real, but if it is, ouch!
Story by Dave Basner
Photo Credit: Reddit
Woman jumps from moving car after seeing spider leaving her child behind, causing wreck
If you hate spiders, you’ll totally understand what happened here . . . up to a point. Because no phobia should put other people’s LIVES at risk
A 35-year-old woman named Angela Kipp was leaving her house last Friday in Syracuse, Indiana. (About 140 miles north of Indianapolis.)
And while she was backing out of her driveway, she saw a SPIDER on her shoulder . . . FREAKED OUT . . . and jumped OUT of her car. She didn’t take the time to put it in park . . . and if you’re afraid of spiders, you understand why.
But that was a problem for two reasons. First, her car kept rolling down the driveway. Second, her nine-year-old SON was still in the back seat. I don’t care how afraid of spiders you are, that’s not cool. Because what if the spider then went for HIM. (???)
It sounds like the kid’s a little better in a crisis situation than his mom is though, because he immediately climbed into the front seat and tried to stop the car.
Unfortunately, he hit the gas instead of the brake . . . the car sped up . . . backed into the road . . . and slammed into a SCHOOL BUS that was driving by.
Luckily he only suffered minor injuries, there weren’t any kids on the bus, and the bus driver was okay. But there’s a picture of Angela’s car, and it looks like it was totaled.
You’re not human unless you’ve fantasized about quitting your job in a BLAZE OF GLORY. But of course, when it comes time to ACTUALLY quit, you wuss out and do it respectfully. Time to live vicariously through the people who DIDN’T.
A new survey asked more than 600 human resources managers to name the CRAZIEST ways they ever saw someone quit a job. Here are the top seven . . .
1. A guy threw a brick through the window with “I quit” written on it.
2. A guy threw a cup of coffee in the air and walked out.
3. A woman said she was going out to buy new boots and never came back.
4. A woman baked a cake with her resignation letter written on top.
5. A guy had a marching band come in and accompany him while he announced he was leaving.
6. One woman created a music video to explain she was leaving.
7. An employee had his parents call in to say their son was quitting.
Here’s how much your coworkers hate you when you’re sick . . . they’d rather do extra work than be in the same room with you.
A new survey found 90% of people would prefer their sick coworkers stay home than tough it out and come in to work . . . even though in a lot of cases, that means you’ll have to do a little extra work to cover for them.
The survey also found the eight most annoying things coworkers do when they come in sick . . .
1. Not covering their mouth when they cough.
3. Wiping their nose on their sleeve.
5. Leaving used tissues around.
6. Letting their nose run without using a tissue.
7. Blowing their nose.
8. Complaining about being sick.
A lot of office holiday parties are happening tonight and tomorrow. Here are five tips to help make it through yours unscathed.
1. Don’t skip it. Unless you’re leaving town or have a good excuse, skipping the party makes it seem like you don’t care about the company or your co-workers. 30 minutes is fine, then you can go.
2. Remember that harassment policies still apply. If you hit on a co-worker or say something inappropriate, you can still end up with a sexual harassment lawsuit, even if the party is off-site.
3. Eat something before you go. If there’s food, it’ll probably just be small stuff, and chances are you’ll be drinking.
4. Use the party to network, but not too much. Holiday parties are a good chance to talk to people you normally don’t get one-on-one time with. But no one wants to talk shop the whole time. And don’t ask about an open position or a raise. It’s tacky.
5. Don’t be the last one to leave. Or in other words, don’t be the one who shuts down the bar. If you DO happen to drink too much, get a cab and get out of there.