What is and isn’t cool changes frequently . . . and that transition usually happens once people’s parents find out what’s cool and try to get in on it.
There’s a discussion on Reddit right now where people are talking about things that USED to be cool but just aren’t anymore. Here are eight of the best answers . . .
- Pushing people into swimming pools. Now that we all have electronics in our pockets, the prank becomes an expensive disaster.
- Shirts and posters that use the “Keep Calm” phrase, like “Keep Calm and Eat Nachos” or “Keep Calm and Do the Harlem Shake” or whatever.
- Using text language, like the letter “u” instead of the word “you.” No one texts like that anymore.
- Wearing those silicone wristbands for different causes.
- Wearing a backpack with just one strap. Using both straps is okay again.
- Smoking cigarettes.