Why say no when you can say yes? : taco bell, mild sauce. Image Credit: Flickr| torbakhopper
Taco Bell is generous, and not just because they’ll give you six days’ worth of calories for about nine bucks. They’re generous because if you ask them for hot sauce, they’ll give you a huge handful of packets. They’re good people.
But their reckless sauce distribution strategy backfired earlier this month. A woman went through the Taco Bell drive-thru in South Euclid, Ohio and asked for some mild sauce.
Unfortunately, the store was totally out and only had the FIRE sauce left.
And the woman was so angry that she wouldn’t move out of the drive-thru line until they either gave her a 50% discount or found her some damn mild sauce.
The employees wound up calling the cops and they diffused the situation before it could escalate and got the woman to leave. She said she’d be back the next day to talk to the manager, but we don’t know if she followed through.
(ABC 5 – Cleveland)
Do you shower like other people? You probably assume you do, but you don’t ACTUALLY know. So a new survey by Buzzfeed tried to figure out exactly what the average person does in the shower. Check it out . . .
- 79% of people stand . . . but 6% shower sitting down. The other 15% stand most of the time, but sit to shave their legs.
- 68% face away from the shower head . . . 32% stand toward it.
- 55% make the water as hot as possible, and 45% keep it warm but not hot.
- Only 31% wash their hair with shampoo every day. 54% do it a few times a week . . . 12% do it once a week or less . . . and 1% NEVER do.
- 81% of people always wash their hair first, then their body.
- 76% always use conditioner after they shampoo. And 8% never use it.
- And finally, believe it or not, 72% of people say they pee in the shower.
Apparently the hot new social media trend is taking a selfie where you’re high fiving yourself. And since that means you can’t use your hands, it takes some skill to pull it off.
It seems like the best strategy is to set your photo timer . . . toss your phone in the air . . . high five yourself, so you’re clapping your hands together like you’re praying . . . and hope you get a photo of the high five as it falls.
If you HATE exercising, but like the idea of, you know, burning a few calories once in a while . . . consider this an early Christmas present.
A new study out of Loughborough University in England found that taking a HOT BATH can give you pretty much all of the same effects as exercising.
The researchers found that a hot bath reduces your blood pressure, gets your metabolism going, AND burns calories.
A half hour in a hot tub burned 140 calories, which is the same as a half hour walk.
Now, a bath doesn’t burn as many calories as more intense exercise, and there are plenty of other health benefits you can only get from exercising . . . but getting into a hot tub is definitely better than nothing.
According to the researchers, your body releases proteins when it’s exposed to exercise OR heat . . . which is why exercise and baths have similar effects.
“Cosmo” posted a list of things a “hot” guy can do that instantly make him NOT hot. Which doesn’t really work for women . . . because if a guy wants to sleep with you, you could murder someone and it wouldn’t change his mind.
Here are the top ten things that can make a hot guy not hot, according to “Cosmo” . . .
- Being rude to a waiter, or not tipping enough. Or just acting like he’s better than someone who’s in a service job.
- Being a complete idiot. You can be KINDA dumb and still be datable. You just can’t be a TOTAL moron.
- Acting like he KNOWS he’s hot. You should be confident, but not cocky.
- Talking about himself too much. Even if you’re hot, you have to act like you’re at least somewhat interested in the other person.
- Being selfish in bed. Again, just because you’re good looking doesn’t mean it’s all about you.
- Having terrible body odor. Because if you smell bad enough, it doesn’t matter what you look like.
- Constantly checking out other women. If an ugly guy does it, it’s just kind of pathetic. But if it’s a good-looking guy, you have to worry more about him cheating.
- Being mean to your pet. Women will basically side with their dog or cat no matter what. Even if it pees everywhere and ruins their stuff, it’s still their “baby.”
- He talks about all of his ex-girlfriends like they’re crazy. It’s a sign he’ll just blame YOU for everything, and he’ll never admit when he’s wrong.
- He insults you. You could be the best looking guy in the world, but if you make a woman feel bad about herself, she won’t want to be with you.