If you already bought your family’s Christmas presents and you’re hiding them under the bed because no one will ever look for them there . . . yeah, they’ve already been found.
A new survey asked people for the BEST places to hide presents so their kids and their significant other can’t find them.
Here are the five ideas that got the most votes . . .
- At a friend’s house.
- In suitcases.
- The back of the top shelf of your closet.
- The back of the top shelf of your kitchen cupboard.
- Deep in the tool shed.
The website CafeMom.com came up with a bunch of ‘lifehacks’ to try this summer. And most of them are things you’d probably never do. But here are four that are pretty decent . . .
- Make ice cubes using aloe vera. Then your kids can rub them on their skin after they’ve been in the sun . . . or eat them depending on how high their I.Q. is? You can also just put a whole bottle of aloe in the fridge if you like it cold.
- Freeze a bunch of water balloons, and use them in your beer cooler instead of ice. Then you can have a water balloon fight after they melt. Just make sure they’re completely melted before you start whipping them at your kid’s head.
- Make a frozen necklace to keep your kids cool. Just cut up a sponge . . . thread some string through all the pieces . . . get them wet . . . and put it in the freezer. Or if you’re not that crafty, just toss a wet dishtowel in there and use that.
- When you’re at the pool or the beach, hide your money in an empty tube of chap stick. Because the chances of someone stealing chap stick off your towel are a lot lower than someone taking your wallet. We actually tried it, and . . . it works.
Screw the chapstick all the way out . . . remove the delicious-smelling cylinder of wax . . . and just leave the rod in there. The bills fit around it. Just clean it out really well first, or you’ll have some waxy Benjamins.
Genius places to hide your Christmas presents
If you don’t do a good job hiding your Christmas presents, they WILL be found. No child OR adult can resist hunting them down early.
A new survey asked people the best place they’ve hidden Christmas presents. Here are the top five . . .
- At a friend’s house.
- In suitcases.
- In the very back of the closet.
- On top of a cupboard.
- In the shed.
Remember the Nicolas Cage movie “It Could Happen To You”, where he wins the lottery and shares the money with a waitress he just met? This is like the opposite . . .
A woman in southwestern China named Yuan Li separated from her husband last year, after she caught him cheating on her with an ex-girlfriend. (We don’t know how old she is, but she looks like she’s in her early 40’s.)
Then without talking to her about it, he filed for divorce in February, and demanded she sign the forms immediately. Which she did, because they were about $40,000 in debt, and he offered to take on all of it.
But what she didn’t know was that he’d just hit the LOTTERY for $725,000. And he waited until the day after their divorce went through to cash in the ticket. She only found out about it when a friend called to congratulate her.
Her husband claims the fact that he waited until after the divorce was just a coincidence, and he wasn’t trying to hide the money from her.
But she ended up suing him, and a judge just ordered him to give her $180,000 from his winnings. It’s not clear if he still has to cover all the debt too.
(South China Morning Post / Independent)
Secrets people dread their family or friends finding out
Do you have a secret that’s SO bad you plan on taking it to your grave? If you say, “No” . . . you’re lying. I’ve got like 15 horrible secrets and I’m an open book.
A new survey found 60% of people say they have at least one secret they REALLY don’t want people to find out about. And most of them have been keeping it for at least 15 years. Here are the ten most common deep, dark secrets . . .
- An affair.
- An embarrassing incident.
- Your web browsing history.
- Sexual fetishes.
- Something in your family history.
- A phobia.
- Something you bought.
- That you smoke, or used to.
- Someone you’re in love with.
(Western Daily Press)
(You can see the top 25 secrets here.)