This might be the least romantic way to meet someone. But hey, whatever works . . .
There’s a 51-year-old truck driver in England named Mark Ellis. And about ten years ago, he was on his way to a bar when he stopped to use a public bathroom. It was some time around 2005, but it’s not really clear.
(CAREFUL!) Anyway, someone had written a phone number on the wall, with a message that said, “If you want a good SHAG, call Donna.” And he actually TRIED the number.
He sent a text that said, “What are you up to?” He didn’t think anyone would actually respond . . . he just did it as a joke. But someone texted BACK and said, “Who is this?” And it really WAS a woman named Donna.
Her name is Donna Roberts, and she looks like she’s in her thirties now. It turns out an ex-boyfriend had written her number on the wall to mess with her.
But it backfired, because she and Mark hit it OFF. They started dating, fell in love, and they now have two kids together . . . a nine-year-old and an eight-year-old.
A newspaper in England just did a story on them, so that’s why we’re hearing about it. Donna says their kids are still too young for the REAL story of how they met. So for now they think Mark just texted her by mistake.
Here are five compliments men never get tired of hearing . . .
- “You look sexy when you cook.” Telling him he looks sexy while doing an everyday task makes him feel more appreciated than just telling him he’s hot.
- “I feel safe with you.” Men like to feel like they can take care of you . . . so knowing you feel protected is an ego boost.
- “I love how determined you are when you set your mind to something.” Guys love being complimented for being decisive.
- “I told my friends how lucky I am to have you.” Guys love when you brag about them to your girlfriends.
- “Have you been working out?” Men don’t usually get as many compliments about their looks as women do, so he’ll appreciate it when he hears it.
It’s nice to see a list of things that make us feel good that doesn’t include donuts, porn, cocaine, social media, or punching someone in the face. Maybe we’re NOT crumbling as a society?
A new survey asked 2,000 people to name random little things that make them feel great. Here are the top 10 . . .
- Sleeping on clean sheets.
- Feeling the sun on your face.
- Hearing someone say “Thank you.”
- Finding money.
- Having a little time to yourself.
- Laughing hard.
- Cuddling on the couch.
- Fresh bread.
- Doing something for someone else.
- Feeling clean after a shower.
Disney announced a “Frozen” sequel and a “Star Wars” stand-alone film during a shareholder meeting yesterday.
There’s no word on a plot for “Frozen 2”, but Disney boss Bob Iger said, quote, “You will be hearing a lot more about it and we’re taking you back to Arendelle. We are so excited about that.”
And KRISTEN BELL Tweeted a picture of herself resting on a bag of ice, with the caption, “Dreams really do come 2!!!”
The “Star Wars” movie will be called “Rogue One”, and it’ll star FELICITY JONES from the Oscar-nominated Stephen Hawking movie “The Theory of Everything”. It’ll be directed by Gareth Edwards, who did last year’s “Godzilla” remake.
There’s no word on the plot, but Iger said it will focus on, quote, “great ‘Star Wars’ characters that are not part of the overall saga.” It’s due out in December of 2016.
Iger also said “Star Wars 8” will come out in May of 2017. “Star Wars 7” hits theaters this coming December.
According to a new survey, 93% of people say the LITTLE THINGS in life make them happy. I guess the other 7% need parades thrown in their honor or something. Get some perspective, people. You’re never getting that parade.
Here are the top 11 little things that make people the happiest . . .
- Getting a compliment.
- Getting an unexpected gift.
- Sunny days.
- Finding money in your pocket.
- Getting into a bed with clean sheets.
- A hug.
- Reading a good book.
- The sound of laughter.
- Getting flowers.
- Hearing a baby laughing.
- Sleeping in.