Tons of celebrities dressed up for Halloween this weekend. Here's what they wore:
1. IGGY AZALEA may have won Halloween with her "sexy cat" costume. It's not what you're thinking . . . it's BETTER.
2. HEIDI KLUM always goes all-out for Halloween. And she did it again this year by covering her face almost completely with prosthetics to dress as Jessica Rabbit. (She's got a ton more pics on her Instagram page.)
3. TYRA BANKS pulled off a crazy transformation, too. She dressed as RICHARD BRANSON.
4. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS and his family always crush it. This year, they did "Star Wars". Neil was Obi-Wan, his husband David Burtka was Han Solo, and the kids were Luke and Leia.
5. ALYSSA MILANO won Best Feminist Metaphor by posting a picture of herself breastfeeding her baby in a Wonder Woman costume from last year.
6. MILEY CYRUS went back to her Disney roots. Well, sort of. She posted a picture of herself dressed as Cinderella . . . smoking a blunt. She captioned it, "Cindersmelly high as hell and her bra strap showin'."
7. JUSTIN BIEBER chose what's probably Will Ferrell's LEAST popular movie character: Jackie Moon from "Semi-Pro".
8. KATY PERRY had an interesting concept for a costume: A MIC DROP. She also did that creepy thing where you paint eyeballs on your eyelids.
9. CHARLOTTE MCKINNEY knew how to grab herself a headline. She went to George Clooney's Casamingos Tequila party as a dominatrix.
. . . CHANNING TATUM and his wife JENNA DEWAN were at that party, too . . . both as the Cat in the Hat. Jenna's version was sluttier . . . the way Dr. Seuss intended. (???)
. . . PARIS HILTON was some kind of slutty warrior . . . and SETH MACFARLANE was Chewbacca.
10. BEYONCÉ, JAY Z, and Blue Ivy did a "Coming to America" theme. Jay was Eddie Murphy's character, Prince Akeem, Beyoncé was his mother, and Blue was one of his potential brides.
11. TAYLOR SWIFT mixed Halloween and Christmas, by dressing as Olaf the snowman from "Frozen" and bringing ADELE DAZEEM onstage to sing "Let It Go".
12. JENNIFER ANISTON and JUSTIN THEROUX were spotted wearing cheesy plastic masks . . . which probably had more to do with avoiding photographers than celebrating Halloween.
13. KYLIE JENNER was a sexy warrior and a "snow princess".
(She also got turned into a zombie for TYGA's "Dope'd Up" video.)
14. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN and her kids were all superheroes. Kourtney and Penelope were Captain America, Mason was Spider-Man, and Reign was the Flash. Meanwhile, Scott Disick was Nowhere, Man. (???)
15. TOM BRADY and GISELE BUNDCHEN's kids were Nemo from "Finding Nemo" and the Hulk.
16. GWEN STEFANI was a bloody cowgirl. Don't ask me.
17. Here's GWYNETH PALTROW and her daughter Apple with skull makeup.
18. JESSICA ALBA and a friend did Romy and Michelle.
19. THE ROCK should have known that "one size fits most" doesn't apply to him. He still rocked his tiny Popeye costume, though.
20. JOHN CENA and his girlfriend, WWE Diva NIKKI BELLA, recreated a scene from "Dumb and Dumber".
21. VIOLA DAVIS's daughter dressed as . . . Viola Davis.
22. JESSICA SIMPSON and her husband did Christie Brinkley and Chevy Chase from "Vacation".
23. A BABY POPE showed up at a White House Halloween party. BARACK and MICHELLE approved.
Fandango conducted a poll to determine the most popular movie-related Halloween costumes for 2015.
So this is PERFECT for everyone who enjoys the THRILL of wearing the same obvious costume that four or five other people at your party will also have. (???) Or maybe it’s a good warning for things to avoid.
Here are the Top Three in each category:
Favorite Female Costume: Katniss from “The Hunger Games”, Black Widow from “Avengers”, and Princess Leia from “Star Wars”.
Favorite Male Costume: A Stormtrooper from “Star Wars”, Iron Man, and Captain America.
Favorite Adult Group Costume: “The Avengers”, “Star Wars”, and “Inside Out”.
Favorite Kids’ Group Costume: “Minions”, “Inside Out”, and “Hotel Transylvania 2”.
(For more, hit up HollywoodReporter.com.)
how to make fake blood
If you wanna up your Halloween game with some fake blood this year, you don’t have to go out and buy it. You can make buckets of it with just four ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen.
Here’s what you need . . .
Eight ounces of water . . . 16 ounces of powdered sugar . . . a one-ounce bottle of red food coloring . . . and a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make it a nice DARK red.
That’ll almost fill a pitcher, so cut it down if you want to make less than that. But if you mix those four things together, you should end up with something that looks just as realistic as the stuff they sell at stores.
Plus it’s non-toxic, so you don’t have to worry about your kids eating it.
And even if you have to buy everything, it shouldn’t cost more than ten bucks to make.
What Unusual Halloween Costume Does Each State Google
I like this study because it’s not about the most popular Halloween costume in each state . . . it’s about each state’s most UNUSUAL costume.
The real estate blog Estately.com analyzed Google searches for the past 11 years to figure out what Halloween costume each state looks up more than anyone else. Here are five highlights:
- People in California search for “pregnant nun” costumes the most.
- People in Wisconsin are the most likely to want to dress up as BEER.
- People in Illinois make the most searches for slutty pumpkin costumes.
- People in Texas are looking to explore their feminine side by dressing up as Caitlyn Jenner.
- People in New Jersey search for SNOOKI costumes more than anyone else Keep in mind, the data goes back 11 years, so that covers the whole “Jersey Shore” era. Plus women there already own everything they need for the costume. Hi-YO!
- And people in South Dakota search for the phrase “costume ideas” more than anyone else.
(You can see the top searches for every state here. Sadly, about one in five states didn’t have enough searches for specific costumes to make the list.)
Here’s a map showing the top candy in every state.
A new survey found the most popular Halloween candy in each state. And you might think, “Isn’t EVERY candy Halloween candy? So it’s just the most popular candy in each state?” And the answer is . . . sort of.
Because five states picked candy that you really only eat around Halloween . . . CANDY CORN came in first in Oregon, Wyoming, Texas, Tennessee, and South Carolina. No other candy won that many states.
But Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups got the most votes OVERALL. Although they’re only number one in two states . . . Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, and Butterfinger were the only three that got votes from all 50 states.
The most random result is West Virginia . . . they picked Oreos as their favorite candy. Get it together, guys.
But the biggest surprise is probably Arizona . . . people there picked Toblerone. Who knew they were so fancy?