So yeah, nothing from your childhood is sacred anymore. Eventually it’s going to get sold out as part of a marketing stunt.
First Monopoly started slashing its classic game tokens like the thimble and the wheelbarrow. And now Crayola is all like, “Hey, WE can ruin your nostalgia too.”
Crayola just announced that they’re going to get rid of one of the colors from their box of 24 crayons. They’ve never eliminated one of those 24 core colors before. And because it’s 2017, they’ll be live streaming their decision on Friday morning.
So what are the 24 colors that are currently involved in this Russian roulette scenario?
They are: Red, yellow, blue, brown, orange, green, violet, black, carnation pink, yellow orange, blue green, red violet, red orange, yellow green, blue violet, white, violet red, dandelion, cerulean, apricot, scarlet, green yellow, indigo, and gray.
It’s hard to speculate which one will go, but it probably won’t be a super basic color like blue or yellow. It will probably be one that’s fairly redundant . . . like, do we need “yellow green” and “green yellow” or “red violet” and “violet red”?
(Lehigh Valley Live)
Before you get too drunk to remember these, here are six random stats about St. Patrick’s Day . . .
1. 56% of us are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year.
2. 83% of those people will wear green.
3. We’ll spend a total of $5.3 BILLION celebrating it this year . . . or about $38 per person.
4. Worldwide, we’ll drink 13 million pints of Guinness today.
5. We’ll eat 70% more cabbage this week than normal.
6. And St. Patrick’s Day is just the FOURTH most popular drinking holiday. The top three are New Year’s, Christmas, and the Fourth of July.
What’s the one LITTLE thing in life that makes you happy? Someone posted the question on Reddit. Here are the ten best answers we’ve seen . . .
- A shower with good water pressure.
- Sleeping in your own bed after a trip.
- Fresh sheets.
- Fresh bread, with butter that’s easily spreadable.
- Getting a piece of food out of your teeth.
- Waking up for work, and realizing it’s Saturday.
- When you’re sick, and you can suddenly breathe through your nose again.
- Using the bathroom when you really have to go.
- Falling asleep on a road trip, and realizing you slept through a huge chunk of it.
- Hitting every green light.
(Here are a few more we liked: Having your head or back scratched by someone with nails . . . taking a nap on a rainy day . . . popping bubble wrap . . . getting goose bumps . . . and taking your socks off after a long day.)
Earlier this year, we heard that SIR MIX-A-LOT was teaming up with the Seattle Symphony for an ORCHESTRAL version of “Baby Got Back”. Well, it went down on Friday night, and the footage is online.
Before he started rapping, Sir Mix-A-Lot said, quote, “Since tonight is ‘Orchestral Movements from the Hood Night,’ I’m going to leave some of this open, if a couple of ladies would like to come up onto the stage . . .
“I don’t touch! We will not bite unless you want us to.” Dozens of women took him up on his offer, including some that definitely ‘GOT BACK.’ (Especially the lady in the green and black at the 4:50 mark.)