A new survey found 70% of us plan to buy a Mother’s Day gift this year. We’ll toss down $58 on average. But 1 in 5 people think it’s hard to find a GOOD gift. So this might help take the guesswork out of it . . .
A bunch of moms voted on what the BEST Mother’s Day gifts are. The good news is you don’t have to get too creative. You could probably guess most of these. Here are the top five . . .
1. Flowers. Which seems boring and cliché. But 48% of moms said that if they only get one gift this year, that’s what they want.
2. Dinner at a nice restaurant. 43% said it’s a great gift. And obviously they want you to go WITH them. Don’t just drop her off in the Red Lobster parking lot.
3. A gift card. 41% of moms said it’s a good Mother’s Day gift. But don’t just hand it to her. Put it in a card. And obviously pick a gift card for a place she LIKES.
4. Jewelry. 28% of moms said they’d like to get jewelry for Mother’s Day. And it’s a good gift for multiple people to chip in on.
5. Beauty products. 27% of moms said it’s a great gift. Just make sure it’s something she’ll use. If you’re not sure, then think about something like a Birchbox subscription, where she gets different stuff every month.
Father’s Day is on Sunday, so here are five stats about Father’s Day gifts.
1. 67% of people buy a Father’s Day gift for somebody in their life. And after fathers and husbands, the most common people we buy Father’s Day gifts for are brothers . . . sons . . . grandfathers . . . stepfathers . . . and uncles.
2. 59% of us usually buy a present for our dad. And we spend $72 on average on him.
3. 76% of married women buy their husband something for Father’s Day, and spend an average of $77.
4. 49% say it’s important to give their dad something thoughtful or sentimental, while 32% would like to make their dad’s life easier by finding him a practical gift.
5. And the ten most common Father’s Day gifts are special outings like dinner at a restaurant or a round of golf . . . clothes . . . gift cards . . . electronics . . . books and music . . . grooming products . . . sporting goods . . . home improvement supplies or tools . . . and car accessories.
There was a discussion on Reddit where actual guys said what they want for Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’ll give you a few ideas. Or not. These are their actual words.
- “A couples’ deep tissue massage . . . about an hour in the steam room . . . ice cold beer . . . a medium-rare porterhouse, baked potato, mushroom, salad dinner . . . and relax to an action movie of my choice.”
- “I personally prefer experiences over material objects. Make me dinner, give me a gift certificate that says I can tie you up and have my way with you, or take me on a road trip.”
- “A Darth Vader onesie.”
- “Things that I’ll use. A nice wallet, sunglasses, Chapstick, a nice coffee cup.”
- “Something that gets me a little closer to my dreams or hobbies.”
- “The greatest gift is that my old lady and I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day.”
- (CAREFUL!) “Enthusiastic oral sex.”
- “Kinky sex. Seriously, it may sound cheap or insincere but, as a man, there is nothing I want more than to have it my way on Valentine’s Day.”
- “Two tickets to see my favorite team play.”
- “A day with my girlfriend alone, no clocks, no cellphones, only her . . . and sex.”
This Christmas, like every Christmas, there’s a chance your significant other is going to give you something HORRIBLE. So how are you going to react?
A new survey asked women what they do with a particularly bad gift. Here’s how they handle it . . .
- 33% return it immediately.
- 25% actually wear or use it to avoid hurting their partner’s feelings.
- 20% re-gift it.
- And 10% sell it on eBay.
The survey also found 40% of women now pick out what they want their significant other to buy them . . . and 30% practice looking thankful in the mirror in case they have to react to a present they don’t like.
Women also named the WORST gifts they’ve ever gotten. Here’s the top 10 . . .
- A chainsaw.
- Nose hair trimmers.
- A fishing pole.
- A fossil.
- Hair removal cream.
- A dustpan and brush.
- A sweater with an alien printed on it.
- A tube and funnel to help pee outdoors.
- Cellulite cream.
- A cleaning wash for their lady parts.