As Americans, we take our food SERIOUSLY. So we develop pretty strong opinions on the right way to eat some of the key staples of our diet.
A new survey asked people to weigh in, once and for all, on some of the ULTIMATE food arguments. Here’s what it found . . .
1. Should pizza be eaten with a knife and fork, or your hands? 92% say hands.
2. Should ketchup be used on eggs? 73% say no.
3. Which are better: Soft-shell tacos or hard-shell tacos? 64% say soft shell.
4. Is mayo a good condiment? 66% say yes.
5. And should mac-and-cheese be eaten with a fork or a spoon? 75% say fork.
There’s a fundamental problem with a fork that’s made out of French fries: You’ll eat the fork. But McDonalds just went ahead and made it anyway.
McDonald’s just invented something called the “Frork,” which is a little red plastic handle, that you can shove three fries into to make a fork.
It’s part of their pitch for their fancier “Signature” sandwiches. Basically, they’re saying that the sandwiches are so good that you’ll want to use the French fry fork to scoop up, quote, “every last bite” of the sauces. Or something.
Even they admit it doesn’t make a ton of practical sense. But we’re talking about it, so I guess it accomplished its goal.
If you want a Frork, you can get one by buying a Signature sandwich starting on Friday.