Do you want to become a rich and famous international recording star? Start smoking NOW. At least that seems to be ADELE’s advice. She had surgery in 2011 for a vocal cord hemorrhage, and she hasn’t been the same since.
She said, quote, “The people with the best voices, they always smoke. I’ve given up smoking and I’m convinced that’s made my voice weaker.”
There’s at least one bright side, though . . . quote, “My fingers ain’t orange anymore.”
…Just in case you were considering it, this station and common sense warns you NOT to pick up that habit.
(Consequence of sound)
Everybody starts somewhere. Even the biggest celebrities started out working mundane, even crappy jobs.
We dug through some lists online, and came up with first jobs, early jobs, and / or side gigs of the rich and famous.
Here are 24 of our favorites . . .
1. Brad Pitt . . . El Pollo Loco Chicken Mascot
2. Megan Fox . . . Smoothie Maker, Banana Mascot
3. “Hamilton” star Lin-Manuel Miranda . . . Slushee Machine Operator
4. Madonna . . . Dunkin’ Donuts Cashier
5. Rachel McAdams . . . McDonald’s
6. Gwen Stefani . . . Dairy Queen
7. Beyoncé . . . Hair Salon Sweeper
8. Taylor Swift . . . Bug Remover at a Christmas Tree Farm
9. Orlando Bloom . . . Clay Trapper at a Pigeon Shooting Range
10. Ashton Kutcher . . . Floor Sweeper at a General Mills Factory
11. Patrick Dempsey . . . Juggler. (Skip to the 2:50 mark in this video to see him in action.)
12. Lady Gaga . . . Go-Go Dancer
13. Matthew McConaughey . . . Chicken Coop Cleaner
14. Hugh Jackman . . . High School Gym Teacher
15. Johnny Depp . . . Ballpoint Pen Salesman
16. Jennifer Aniston . . . Telemarketer
17. Amy Adams . . . Hooters Hostess
18. Kanye West . . . The Gap
19. Sean Connery . . . Milkman
20. Oprah . . . Grocery Store Clerk
21. Blake Shelton . . . House Painter and Roofer
22. George Clooney . . . Tried Out for the Cincinnati Reds
23. Morgan Freeman . . . Paperboy
24. Tim Allen . . . Cocaine Dealer