You can buy SO many dumb things thanks to the Internet . . . and apparently, across this fine country, we’re buying ALL of them.
The real estate website Estately just did a study of Google Shopping searches to see what WEIRD product every state is shopping for more than anyone else . . . and the results did not disappoint.
Here are ten highlights . . .
- The people in Colorado shop for the “Borat” mankini more than anyone else.
- People in Oklahoma shop for zombie survival kits more than anyone else.
- Kansas . . . plus-size lingerie wholesale. (As a known chubby chaser AND a known cheapskate, this is like my dream scenario.)
- South Carolina . . . adult Underoos.
- Massachusetts . . . velour track suits.
- Wisconsin . . . Truck Nuts. Those are plastic testes you dangle from a trailer hitch.
- Nebraska . . . jorts, or jean shorts.
- TEXAS: Confederate flag bumper stickers / truck gun rack / motorized kayak (the Rascal of kayaks)
- West Virginia . . . Confederate flag bikinis. That’s strange, West Virginia only became a state when it split off from Virginia during the Civil War to be part of the Union.
- Indiana . . . blow-up dolls.
(Here are the complete results for every state.)
We’ve got the results of a survey here that asked people what professions they trust the LEAST . . . and man, there are SO many options, I don’t know how they stopped at just the top 10. Here are the results . . .
- Car salesmen.
- People in advertising.
- Real estate agents.
- Insurance brokers.
- Union leaders.
- Wall Street workers.
- Local and state politicians.
- National politicians.
- TV journalists.
- Newspaper journalists.
So who DO we trust? People in medicine, apparently. The three professions we have the most faith in are nurses . . . doctors . . . and pharmacists.
First Chyna now Prince? Police are investigating a death at the estate of superstar Prince
Police are investigating a death at the estate of superstar Prince in Carvery County, Minnesota, according to Carver County Sheriff spokesman Jason Kamerud. “We are not releasing any information regarding the identity of the person who died until next of kin is notified,” Kamerud said.
Developing story – more to come — CNN
TMZ Reports it’s definitely Prince.
Your chances of winning tonight’s $450 million Powerball jackpot are about 290 million to one. But we’re all about keeping hope alive. So when you DO win, here are the first four things you should do. Right after you change into unsoiled underwear . . .
1. Sign the back of the ticket. That way no one can steal it and claim THEY won. If you want to be extra careful, you can sign it before the drawing. It might make you feel extra pathetic when you don’t win though.
2. Resist the urge to tell everyone. Only tell the people you’re closest to, and maybe not even them. The point is you don’t want everyone you know hitting you up for money for the rest of your life.
3. Hire a money management team. Meaning an estate planner, a financial planner, and an accountant. And you should do it before you even claim the money, because they’ll explain why you take the lump sum instead of yearly payments.
4. Don’t start buying stuff yet. 44% of lottery winners blow through their entire winnings within five years. But that’s mostly if you win something like a million bucks. It’s kind of hard to blow through $450 million.
And here’s one more we added: Quit your friggin’ JOB already. You know those people who win the lottery and DON’T quit their jobs? Everyone hates those people.
(ABC News / Forbes)
What Unusual Halloween Costume Does Each State Google
I like this study because it’s not about the most popular Halloween costume in each state . . . it’s about each state’s most UNUSUAL costume.
The real estate blog Estately.com analyzed Google searches for the past 11 years to figure out what Halloween costume each state looks up more than anyone else. Here are five highlights:
- People in California search for “pregnant nun” costumes the most.
- People in Wisconsin are the most likely to want to dress up as BEER.
- People in Illinois make the most searches for slutty pumpkin costumes.
- People in Texas are looking to explore their feminine side by dressing up as Caitlyn Jenner.
- People in New Jersey search for SNOOKI costumes more than anyone else Keep in mind, the data goes back 11 years, so that covers the whole “Jersey Shore” era. Plus women there already own everything they need for the costume. Hi-YO!
- And people in South Dakota search for the phrase “costume ideas” more than anyone else.
(You can see the top searches for every state here. Sadly, about one in five states didn’t have enough searches for specific costumes to make the list.)