Here’s a weird new discovery about how our brains work. A new study used facial recognition and emotion tracking to gauge how happy PIZZA makes us. And it found that ANTICIPATING pizza makes us happier than actually eating the pizza.
People got 18% happier than average when they saw a pizza go into the oven . . . 24% happier when they could smell the pizza cooking . . . and 20% happier when the pizza was taken out of the oven.
But when they took their first bite of the pizza, it only made them 11% happier.
“This experiment gave us unique insight into our belief that oven-fresh pizza helps people get more out of their occasions,” said Jeff Hamilton, President, Nestlé Foods Division, Nestlé USA. “We were able to learn about how, when and why moods may change in response to pizza in an exciting new way.”
There’s something so masterfully LAZY about this.
Apparently, people are now eating oranges in the SHOWER . . . because it helps them avoid the sticky mess that comes from eating them in normal places.
And the trend is spreading because people are sharing pictures of their “shower oranges” on social media. Of course they are.
“Popular Science” posted an article on how to eat as much as humanly possible on Thanksgiving. So this is like the OPPOSITE of healthy eating tips. Here are the six things you should do if you really want to gorge yourself . . .
1. Don’t skip breakfast. You’ll eat too fast if you go in starving. So unless you’re doing a super early dinner, breakfast is okay. Just don’t eat for four or five hours beforehand.
2. Go for a brisk walk right before dinner. It’ll stimulate your appetite and help you digest any food that’s still in your stomach.
3. Take a few deep breaths before you start eating. It’s easier to pack a lot of food in when you’re relaxed. So some deep breathing should help.
4. Start out with carbs, like stuffing and mashed potatoes. Turkey has a lot of protein that makes you feel full. Plus, mashed potatoes don’t require much chewing. And too much chewing tricks your brain into thinking you’re fuller than you really are.
5. Don’t eat any vegetables. They have a lot of fiber, which expands in your stomach. And liquid takes up a lot of room, so don’t drink too much either.
6. Take a break and go for another walk. It’ll help you digest, so you’ll have room for more. And if you basically just ate carbs, your stomach will be pretty empty again in 30 to 90 minutes.
A new study found there’s an easy way to make yourself happier on a daily basis. The bad news is it involves eating more fruits and vegetables. Why can’t these studies ever involve bags upon bags of Doritos?
Researchers at the University of Warwick in England had more than 12,000 people keep food diaries while they also kept track of their mental health.
And they found that how happy you are increases with EVERY SERVING of fruit and vegetables you have each day. And it doesn’t level off until your eighth serving.
So in other words, one serving a day will make you happier than none at all, and eight servings should put you at peak happiness. But more than that is overkill as far as mental health goes.
And here’s the coolest part. We’ve known for a while that fruit and vegetables help prevent things like cancer. But your cancer risk drops slowly over the course of a decade or two.
But with mental health, you see the effects much faster. And within two years, someone who goes from eating no servings a day to eight servings would have an increase in happiness on par with getting a JOB when you’re unemployed.
We found a funny list online, where people gave the most ridiculous reasons they’d heard for someone getting dumped. Here are the best ones.
- A woman dumped a guy because he used too many hashtags on Instagram.
- A guy dumped a girl because her jaw clicked when they made out.
- A woman broke up with a guy after she saw his childhood photos, and thought he looked weird when he was 12.
- A guy stopped dating a woman after he saw her eating peas one at a time.
- A guy bragged about going to the gym a lot, but couldn’t lift his girlfriend up, so she broke up with him.
- A guy dumped a girl after his dad reminded him that all women POOP. (???)
- A guy found out his girlfriend’s glasses didn’t have a prescription in them.
- It was right before Valentine’s Day, and the guy didn’t want to go through the trouble of buying something.
- The girlfriend’s dad was terminally ill, and the guy didn’t want to feel obligated to go to his FUNERAL.
- And finally, quote, “His name didn’t match his face.”